Customer Experience Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BikeFlights.com is hiring a Customer Experience Associate. Come join a fast-growing, global, online company that helps individuals, bike shops, events and cycling industry businesses ship their bikes, wheels and gear with confidence. Our customers get low costs, excellent service and on-time delivery with every shipment, and we pride ourselves on providing all customers with personalized, attentive customer support.
As a member of our Customer Support Team, you will provide help and advice to customers using BikeFlights.com’s products and services. Specifically, you will use a variety of technical software tools to monitor the status of ongoing shipments to ensure successful pickup and on time delivery. You will communicate with our carrier and customers to resolve a variety of issues including missed pickups, missed deliveries and delays.
This is a virtual position - you will work from the comfort of your own home using provided technology.
Customer Experience Associates must be available to work a regularly scheduled four days per week plus two weekends per month during our call center hours of Monday-Friday, 9am-9pm EST / 6am-6pm PST and Saturday-Sunday, 10am-4pm EST / 7am-1pm PST.
The ideal candidate will
- Possess a positive, professional attitude with excellent communication skills and an outgoing personality.
- Be self-motivated and driven by personal success with a desire to help people.
- Have excellent computer and typing skills with the ability to efficiently download, create, edit and share documents as well as create *.pdf and *.jpg file formats from other file types.
- Have strong attention to detail, including ability to filter large quantities of data and analyze reports.
- Be highly motivated to take initiative in solving multiple problems simultaneously.
- Have the self awareness and perspective to calmly communicate under stress.
- Be a cyclist with a passion for helping others go ride their bikes.
- Communicate courteously with customers by chat, email and telephone and occasionally in person.
- Promptly handle a large number of online chats, emails and calls daily while maintaining an enthusiastic voice and attitude.
- Work in a semi-scripted environment while also resolving unscripted situations quickly on the fly and in a positive and customer-focused manner.
- Communicate professionally with partner carrier staff by email, chat and phone on behalf of customers.
- Keep accurate records documenting discussions and correspondence with customers.
- Investigate and solve customers’ problems, which may be complex and highly emotional.
- Manage customer complaints, such as a lost bike, delayed delivery or damage during shipping.
- Maintain current knowledge of BikeFlights.com’s products and services.
- Work and communicate regularly with other Customer Support staff.
- Document, reproduce and relay site issues to the development team.
- Attend regular virtual team meetings.
- Suggest possible new improvements to customer service and help implement selected improvements.
- Maintain a professional appearance when interacting with current or potential customers in person - whether on or off a bicycle.
Additional skills and requirements
- Associate’s degree + relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree
- Reliable, high speed internet access
- Prior shipping, call center, and/or customer service a plus
- Prior experience in the cycling industry a plus
- Ability to speak a second language desired
- Prior remote work environment experience a plus
- Occasional ability to travel (<5%) as a representative of BikeFlights.com
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- References are required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 31, 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ship your bikes, wheels and gear with confidence.