Head Mechanic MTB
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the bike industry. Are you ready to work hard and have a blast doing it?!? If so, we are seeking an experienced bike mechanic that is specifically familiar with high-end mountain bikes...the best of the best!
- Owns the service experience/department by providing excellent service, controlling schedule based on customer intake, and maintaining incredible attention to detail.
- Our customers are our life! So, we treat them like friends and family. “We are their best friend/cousin who knows everything about mountain bikes.”
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do.
- Inspecting and tuning mountain bikes to a high standard.
- Cleaning frames, wheels and small components to company standards.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Willingness to do "whatever it takes"
- Repairs on high-end mountain bike and components
- Building new bikes for the customer, and the sales floor
- Continuous training on proper techniques and methods
- Providing our customers a high level of customer service
- 2-4 years experience is preferred.
- Disc brake set up
- Derailleur setup and adjustment
- Understanding of bicycle suspension
- Wheel truing
- Understanding of bicycle fit
- Proficiency with computer programs
- General computer, email, word processing, and internet skills
- Customer Service, Love of Bikes, Embodies the Culture of Mountain Biking, Extensive Mountain Bike Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Bike Industry Knowledge, Listening, Phone Skills, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking.
Not Required, But Highly Preferred:
Proficiency in the following software: Lightspeed, Zendesk, ShipStation, ChannelAdvisor, Proficiency in Google Drive
**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, ALL APPLICANTS MUST FILL OUT AN APPLICATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE.** https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pages/were-hiring**
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Redefine What a Bike Shop Can Be