Purchasing Import Coordinator
Giant Bicycle Inc.
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Position: Purchasing Import Coordinator
Reports To: Sr. POS Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for collecting import documentation and customs clearance for overseas shipments. Track and manage inbound traffic; Coordinate delivery of vendor shipments to warehouses. Load and maintain all purchase order status information in computer system. Assist with entering warranty purchase orders into system. Support Sr. POS Manager with select reporting duties.
- Process container load plans and shipping schedules from vendors in a timely manner to ensure expected purchase order arrival information is kept accurate in system
- Track, upload, and update import documents and shipments for incoming overseas shipments. Includes freight cost documentation.
- Lead contact with customs broker and freight forwarder partners. Update and forward freight information as needed by forwarder/broker for ocean and air shipments.
- Administer Pierpass process to ensure smooth and timely container handling
- Work with warehouse, vendor, and accounting department to help resolve receiving and return issues
- Research product shipping schedule discrepancies, initiate traffic files with appropriate shipping documents. Resolve CLP price discrepancies.
- Enter warranty purchase orders, as directed by Customer Service Team
- Assist POS team in management of Sample Orders, as needed
- Reporting functions include generating open order, vendor management, and Month-End reports tracking performance against KPI and other metrics
- Additional responsibilities as defined by Giant management
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Emphasis on Excel.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with an ERP system
- An understanding of the fundamentals of inventory control and purchasing
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in purchasing
- Knowledge of bicycle components and accessories helpful
- Experience in International procurement a plus
- Familiarity with Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- College degree required
This position is a non-exempt, full time position and based out of our corporate office in Newbury Park, CA.
Your application has been successfully submitted.