E-Bike Marketing Specialist
Shimano North America
Irvine, CA, USA
POSITION TITLE: E-Bike Marketing Specialist
Shimano North America Bicycle, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, PRO, and LAZER. We are seeking a passionate and energized E-Bike Marketing Specialist to join TEAM SHIMANO!
Responsible for the day-to-day management, activation, and reporting of Shimano’s E-Bike marketing efforts in North America. Reports directly to the Mountain Bike Brand Manager with indirect accountability to the Road/Gravel Brand Manager and will work closely with other members of the Shimano team.
Serves as the primary driver & coordinator for all E-Bike Marketing actions within North America, including management of E-Bike marketing content, ambassador relationships, retail & event activations, and other marketing functions that support the E-Bike category. Additional responsibilities will include furthering Shimano’s education and advocacy efforts toward promoting considerate use of e-bikes on multi-use trails where deemed legal and appropriate.
Primary objective is to help plan and execute Shimano’s E-Bike marketing strategy for maximum effect in the North American market in coordination with the Marketing team as well as global and regional stakeholders. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing Go-To-Market promotional tools to support the North American Sales team. Success will be defined by enhancing OEM and dealer preference, driving consumer demand, and increased sell-through for Shimano E-Bike systems.
- Acts as the leader, advocate, and steward for Shimano E-Bike category as it relates to marketing efforts in the North American marketplace.
- Collaborates with Brand Managers to plan, execute, and evaluate all brand and product marketing activities to support the category, including but not limited to: product launches, events, advertising, promotion, content creation, sponsorship, and advocacy efforts.
- Builds and manages e-bike ambassador relationships in coordination with Sports Marketing team.
- Identifies opportunities and coordinates outreach to promote legal and appropriate access for e-bikes on multi-use trails in partnership with Shimano’s advocacy partners and local/regional organizations.
- Collaborates with Global Marketing team as needed for product launches, promotions, and sponsorship.
- Work closely with internal departments such as Retail Services, Sales, and Operations as well as external resources like research firms, sales reps, media, PR agency, and athletes to bring the product and brand strategy to life.
- Create and execute the Go-To-Market plan for all Shimano E-bike products and related categories that are measurable to established KPI’s.
- Engage our retailers, sales representatives, and media in a meaningful way that builds and fosters valued relationships within the market.
- Work with production partners and ambassadors to develop content for the digital team to use on social digital channels.
- Regularly assess the Brand’s market position and make necessary adjustments and recommendations to improve the Brands’ market position. Collect, interpret, report, and act upon key market data to both the North American team as well as the related entities at Shimano Japan and Shimano EU.
- Create desire for and knowledge of Shimano products among consumers and influencers by using the assets available to you internally and externally.
- Use available resources to monitor all changes in the Brand’s market share or position and propose new solutions/ideas to further enhance Shimano’s image in the E-Bike category.
- Develop and deliver a brand message to the market consistent with Shimano’s global marketing messaging while meeting unique North American marketing and promotion requirements.
- Manage monthly and annual budgets as directed. Report monthly on key business metrics.
- Travel in NA market approximately 25%. Some international travel may be required.
- Bring innovative thinking and eagerness to execute to add value to Team Shimano.
- Consideration and support of other Shimano-owned brands in relevant marketing and promotions.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience with bicycle retail and/or bicycle industry.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in Marketing, Brand Management, or Go-To-Market.
- Experience working with external agencies and/or partners preferred.
- Understanding of bicycle OEM and Retail business models.
- Thorough knowledge of bicycle components, including awareness of unique attributes of current E-Bike systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to ride bicycles and engage with people on various types of rides.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
APPLY ONLINE: http://bit.ly/3vbmZvZ
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests, and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one-of-a-kind job opportunities in our cycling and fishing divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services, and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation, and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law
Your application has been successfully submitted.