This job is no longer accepting applications.
Reports To: Category Merchant Manager
Hours Required: Full Time
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling business whose core purpose is to Inspire People to Ride, Experience, and Explore!
The Category Merchant drives relationships and processes associated with the overall product assortment from idea to end-of-life including sales, promotions, pricing, profit and inventory turns. In this role, the successful candidate will work with a team whose key responsibilities are to ensure the company’s inventory categories are trending and maintained according to the department’s strategy.
· Drives product, policy, communications, business development, marketing and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner.
· Generates and analyzes relevant vendor and category performance as it relates to market trends.
· Partners with vendors to improve processes and procedures within the supply chain.
· Identifies emerging and declining market trends and the associated risks.
· Develops long-term product planning and inventory commitments for key vendors and negotiates pricing terms.
· Researches and recommends growth opportunities in existing or new categories and provides relevant pricing analysis.
· Partners with cross-functional teams on innovative strategies to drive sales.
· Drives and/or supports company priority initiatives.
· Other special assignments as the business requires.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an online retail environment.
· Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mindset to drive performance against KPIs.
· Ability to effectively manage cross-functional coordination.
· Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills.
· Experience working with an ERP system and excellent capability using Microsoft Suite of programs.
$58,240 - $65,000
Skills/Abilities We Look For
· Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
· Organization – Effectively balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
· Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively addresses problems and acts to prevent them.
· Communication – Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
· Service Oriented – Interacts professionally with leaders, customers, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
· Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willing to support others.
· Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
· Judgement – Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
· Initiative – Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.