This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Bike Mechanic’s primary responsibilities include tuning and maintaining bikes at the SkyPark Bike Shop. In addition, they are to assist with bike rentals, sales and guests needs. The bike mechanics job as we depend on well prepared bikes to make the customer’s experience.
Bike mechanics must be able to multitask, work well independently and with others, and stay informed on the latest trends influencing sales. They will report to the Bike Shop Manager.
- Repair, check, and fix bikes following SkyPark standards.
- Prepare bikes on time.
- Take notes of all the works done on bikes + update the database.
- Keep the inventory of the workshop updated.
- Keep all bikes and the workshop clean.
- Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of our company when you deliver bikes to our guests.
- Assist with related material (such as bicycle accessories, tools, tour preparation materials) and inventory management as needed. Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with guests
- Familiarity with all brands of Parts and Accessories we stock
- Direct guests through entire new bike sales/rental process
- Build and maintain relationships with guests
- Familiarity with all our bike brands and models we stock
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and guest preferences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting SkyPark’s mission and values.
- Ability to demonstrate strong Guest-focused engagement on and off the sales floor.
- Contributes to a high energy, fast paced environment that provides Guests with an entertaining, fun and dynamic experience.
- Operates point-of-sale/cash registers, managing financial transactions and balances drawers at the end of their shift.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to guests.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- Assists with inventory in all Retail areas.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and punctual.
- Previous bike mechanic experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic math functions such as addition, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, and holidays, based on department and company needs.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
*Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.