Kona Bike Shop Service Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Kona, we’re all about the freedom and empowerment of the bicycle. We have been since 1988. We’re a team of quirky, fun cyclists, passionate about bike centric lifestyle and community. We believe in cultivating an inclusive and collaborative culture within the shop, and welcome riders of all bikes and abilities. Situated Bellingham, Washington, we have access to countless trails mere miles from the front door of the shop!
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an experienced mechanic who is organized and detail oriented. Qualified candidates will be passionate about building long-lasting customer relationships, supporting a team of mechanics, and keeping a growth mindset. Responsibilities will include:
· hiring, scheduling, and providing feedback/reviews for employees
· establishing systems and procedures to ensure quality and efficiency in work
· monitoring inventory and ordering accordingly
· completing repair work with a high standard of quality.
· Collaborating with the Sales Manager to set and exceed goals, both financial and otherwise, for the shop.
· Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
· Team oriented, community focused, and value driven.
· Experience working as a professional bike mechanic.
· Leadership skills: delegating roles and supporting a team. Able and willing to provide on-the-job training when applicable. Strong written and verbal communication. A growth mindset. Team player.
· Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining successful systems and procedures.
· Proficiency in modern and prior bicycle technology and service.
· Confident in full suspension service, wheel building, custom bike builds, e-bike systems of all kinds, and Di2/electronic components.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.