Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in the outdoor sports and recreation markets. We serve these markets through our diverse portfolio of well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products, including sporting ammunition, cam cooking, pellet grills, sports optics, hydration systems and packs, golf rangefinders, launch monitors, and simulators, cycle and snow helmets and goggles, rugged e-bikes, technical apparel, footwear and a variety of other outdoor accessories. We serve a broad range of end consumers, including outdoor enthusiasts, hunters, recreational shooters, professional athletes, as well as law enforcement and military professionals. We employ more than 5,900 skilled workers worldwide.
Vista Outdoor is seeking a high performing Analyst to support its high-energy Strategy & Corporate Development. This highly visible role will be responsible for supporting Strategic Planning and Strategic Initiatives across the corporation and within each of our discrete Business Units. Additionally, this position will play a critical role in evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and strategic alliances through fast paced and high-quality analysis, primary and secondary research, and commercial and market diligence. Additionally, this position will be part of deal sourcing, sector analysis, and managing an ecosystem of diligence and strategic consultants and partners. This position is part of a small, active team that drives and manages many of Vista Outdoor’s most significant strategic decisions and has direct and frequent access to Vista Outdoor’s Senior Leadership Team, CEO, and Board.
- Support Vista Outdoor’s Long Range Strategy Planning Process, coordinating strategy development with BU leadership, supporting market and customer research, assessing and supporting the implementation of Vista’s highest priority strategic initiatives and overall plan
- Provide project management, analytical support, and thought leadership for high priority initiatives such as new market entry, competitive analysis, internal operational and financial improvements, channel expansion, sales force effectiveness and pricing, international, and digital strategies.
- Maintain Vista’s Living Strategy Dashboard and support continuous improvement of our business processes
- Support commercial and market due diligence on potential acquisition targets and provide analytical support for transactions, including acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures, and manage key internal advisors, professional advisors, and ecosystem partners
- Develop, build and nurture effective relationships with potential acquisition and partnership targets
- Prepare high-quality presentations in support of Strategy and M&A projects
- Independently develop analysis and research that can be utilized to drive better and faster decision making
- Present analysis, findings, and recommendations to senior leadership
- Be a thought partner to BU leaders, executives, and the Vice President of Strategy & Corporate Development
Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or related business field
- 1-3 years in management consulting, corporate development, private equity, transaction advisory services, or investment banking
- Demonstrated experience in strategic due diligence, research, and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve while under high pressure and deal with ambiguity
- Self-starter and ability to manage an independent work process
- High-quality written and spoken communication skills and skill with numbers/analytics
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a team member
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Your application has been successfully submitted.