The Warehouse Associate is responsible for sorting, labeling, prepping, kitting and rotating inventory in our warehouse. This is a regular full-time position, Monday – Friday, 40 hours a week.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual otherwise qualified must be able to perform each overall duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, additional qualifications, and/or ability required.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Prioritize safety while performing all duties
- Sort and label incoming inventory
- Unload shipping containers
- Move inventory from receiving to appropriate back stock location
- Rotate inventory in back stock warehouse
- Maintain warehouse organization
- Maintain First In, First Out (FIFO) inventory rotation by receipt date
- Deliver inventory to the appropriate position on the production line
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse
- Assist other departments as needed
- Hardware: execute Production Orders and prep hardware kits for production and other tasks delegated by section lead.
- Warehouse Prep: Execute production orders and other kitting/prepping orders and other tasks delegated by section lead.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed
Competencies & Requirements:
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the job at hand
- Ability to be on the move, walking and lifting all day
- Ability to operate a manual pallet jack after instruction
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to use function specific tooling after training
- A physical will also be required to be passed before an offer is made
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift up to 80 pounds, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Why work here: For 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994