The Wheel Assembly position is a full-time position in the wheel department of our production floor in Santa Cruz, California. You will be joining a passionate and fast-paced team that has a solid commitment to excellence in hand building bicycle wheels.
We are looking for someone who likes technical and repetitive work and a passion to work on a great product.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual otherwise qualified must be able to perform each overall duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, additional qualifications, and/or ability required.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Load wheel hubs with spokes based on orders needed
- Organize completed hubs in specified bins to ready for lacing
- Tape wheel rims to quality control standards, prepare the wheels for the bicycle assembly line
- Perform quality checks on built wheels using production standards
- Maintain a tidy and organized work station and assist with machine cleaning and sweeping
- Collaborate with your production team on assembly floor coverage and cross training
- Assist other departments as necessary
Competencies & Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability utilize basic math skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent attention to detail
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent and experience building bicycle wheels required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994