Santa Cruz Bicycles is searching for a Production Assembly member to be a part of our bike assembly floor in Santa Cruz, California. You will join a passionate and fast-paced team that has a solid commitment to excellence in quality bike assembly.
We are looking for someone who works well in technical positions and is looking for a long-term career in the bike industry. Bike maintenance experience is not required for this role but it certainly helps. If you are a fast learner, like working with your hands and is always looking for ways to improve processes, we would be stoked to talk about this role with you.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual otherwise qualified must be able to perform each overall duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, additional qualifications, and/or ability required.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities may include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Complete bike assembly tasks quickly and accurately at your station which could include the following up to company standard procedures:
- Assemble wheels by adding tires, cassettes, rotors and packaging
- Assemble handlebar by adding grips, brakes, shifting lever, and the dropper post lever
- Apply custom decals on suspension forks and cut the fork to size for the specific bike
- Prepare frames by adding appropriate bolts and applying additional protection
- Prepare cardboard for packaging including folding, cutting and moving cardboard
- Collaborate with your production team on assembly floor coverage and cross training
- Assist other departments as necessary
Competencies & Requirements:
- Experience in a fast-paced and technical role
- Ability to stand, lift, twist, and reach 100% of the time while working
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using hand tools
- Punctual with a great attendance record
- Comfortable working in repetitive roles
- Experience with bike maintenance is preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994