Santa Cruz Bicycles is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Staff Accountant to join our growing team. The Staff Accountant will work closely with other accountants and operations personnel to manage day-to-day bookkeeping.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including bank reconciliations, coordination and completion of annual audits and reviewing financial reports as necessary
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Report multi-state tax filling through third-party tax service (SST)
- Assist in posting of transactions for E-Commerce Platform (Shopify)
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Collaborate with Finance team to support overall department goals and objectives
- Assist in quarterly and annual tax reporting per PON reporting requirements
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with duty drawback filing
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Ad hoc requests and projects as assigned
Competencies & Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting
- Deep understanding of financial statements
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel
- Advanced skills in accounting and ERP software
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- High level of professionalism, organization, attention to detail, analytical thinking and self-management
- Comfortable with strict deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual contributor with all levels of employees
- Experience with manufacturing operations is preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply the concepts of basic math.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Why work here: For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994