Global Supply Chain and Planning Manager
As the Global Supply Chain and Planning Manager, you will oversee the procurement operations along with the coordination of materials procurement across vendor channels to support SCB’s global manufacturing requirements and manage the timely delivery of materials to achieve finished goods production plan and inventory requirements. This role will be responsible for planning, directing or coordinating the process of buying materials and directing personnel in purchasing and production planning.
Using SAP tools, to allow for data-driven decisions across the organization. The Purchasing team will work with you to maintain visibility and accuracy on materials orders, communicate with the production planning and global forecast teams. This role is key to leading the company forward in securing quality suppliers and components covering price, delivery and quality targets. As a champion of continual improvement, you will proactively review current systems and procedures, vendor performance, make recommendations, and implement changes.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Manage external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of bike frames and components
- Material availability to meet forecast and/or production plan
- Develop tactical methods to overcome real-time material issues through expedites and subs
- Define and enable current and accurate supplier performance statistics
- Establish standard operating procedures for materials management to minimize risk
- Ensure thorough training and auditing so that materials management team members have the education and the tools to successfully execute the processes
- Ensure rolling buy plans are provided to key vendors on a regular basis
- Establish regular communication with key vendors
- Ensure accurate and timely BOM creations in response to requirements from Product Management including BOM substitutions
- Establish/maintain communication with key vendors
- Establish current and accurate supplier performance statistics and provide timely reports to senior management and review and analyze vendor performance periodically to assess a vendor’s suitability for continued business relationship
- Full involvement with Product Development and Sales on integration of new products to ensure their successful introduction to the production end of the business
- Ensure accurate and timely input from Product Management to MRP system, including BOM (Bill of Materials) creation and pricing across customer classes
- Maintain optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges
- Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages, however caused
- Establish purchasing policies and ensure compliance
- BOM substitutions – collaborate with Product Management on acceptable alternate component specifications
- Set safety stock levels for components based on product life cycles and demand velocities
- Control and track freight costs due to expediting shipments
- Review and process the requisitions for materials the company acquires
- Establish and maintain purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors. Stay informed on legal matters that affect purchasing policies
- Maintain contact with vendors to prepare and deliver purchase orders
- Ensure that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions
- Supervise and guide buyers to support the company’s forecast, revenue and financial goals as prescribed, related to spend, scrap, usage, inventory levels, etc.
- Support the whole purchasing team to achieve set targets. Guide and direct the Buyers in establishing and administering purchasing procedures and practices
- Manage Production Planning team including supporting the definition and execution of the master production schedule
- Provide accuracy of PO confirmation to production scheduling with use of SAP
- Inspire, motivate, mentor and coach employees to build trust and confidence in an honest and straightforward manner and develop team members to strive for excellence in performance
- Provide leadership and drive a culture of accountability and results through effective performance management
- Coordinate with Human Resources regarding compensation, employee relations, retention, high potential employees, recruiting and training
- Implement the company purchasing policies and often assist in purchasing policy preparation
- Hire and train purchasing and planning department staff members
Competencies and Requirements:
- 7-10 years of experience in vendor relations and high-volume purchasing
- 5-10 years of management experience
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- APICS certification is a plus
- High technical aptitude
- Strong communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Drive for a collaborative environment
- Proven experience with creating lasting relationships with clients and vendors
- Strong moral code and ethical conduct
- Strong process orientation skills with emphasis on transparency
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Experience working with material related transactions in an MRP/ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, including production planning (consumer goods industry preferred)
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Why work here: For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994