Demo Driver & Mechanic
Dirt Series Mountain Bike Camps
This position is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced mountain bike mechanic to travel across North America, travel to exciting locations, ride their bike on time off, support the hosting and management of events across the continent, and coach amazing participants for the Dirt Series mountain bike program.
This position is a full-time position from April through to November, with days off in exciting mountain bike destinations to ride your bike, explore, and be outside!
At this time, this position is open to Canadian Citizens with a valid passport only. International travel will be required.
- Drive Dirt Series truck and trailer to each camp location, ensuring the safe arrival and management of all equipment,
- Maintain the Dirt Series truck, trailer and equipment by ensuring it is clean, regular service appointments are completed, and any damage is repaired in a timely manner,
- Maintain a fleet of Trek demo bikes before, after and during camp,
- Support with the loading and unloading of all equipment at the warehouse in Calgary, Alberta before and after each road trip,
- Ensure the contents of the truck and trailer are clean and organized before, after and during camp,
- Clean, maintain and repair demo equipment as required including bikes, demo armour, helmets and shoes,
- Inform management of missing or damaged equipment and purchase supplies and/or equipment as needed with management approval,
- Support each event with the delivery, unloading, setup and loading of equipment from the truck and trailer, including the setup of stunts and programming stations, for each camp day,
- Pick up lunches and food items for each event day, as directed by the Head Coach,
- Coach at mountain bike camps throughout the season.
- Other responsibilities as required by management.
Skills / Requirements:
- Would be ideal for this position to have a PMBI Level 1, or BICP Level 1, or higher, mountain bike instructor certification,
- Must have proven experience and education as a bike mechanic, or a bike repair technician,
- Must have a valid Class 5 North American Drivers Licence,
- Must be able to travel to Canada and the United States,
- Must have travel medical insurance valid in Canada and the United States.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, and hold a valid Passport,
- A clean drivers abstract must be provided prior to hiring,
- This position will spend long periods of time driving a 1 Ton Pickup truck and Trailer,
- This position will be responsible for managing all international land-border crossings (with appropriate documentation and access organized by Dirt Series),
- Reasonable accommodations and a daily meal allowance will be provided while this position is on the road.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by emailing their resume and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.