Head Coach & Training Facilitator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced mountain bike coach to train and develop coaches across North America. This position will be required to travel to unique event destinations and host mountain bike clinics - with the purpose of coaching amazing participants for the Dirt Series mountain bike program.
This position is a full-time position from April through to November, with days off in exciting mountain bike destinations to ride your bike, explore, and be outside!
At this time, this position is open to Canadian Citizens with a valid passport only. International travel will be required.
- Ensure the efficient and consistent operation of all Dirt Series mountain bike camps throughout the season,
- Liaise with local sponsors and hosts to ensure all day-of camp details are in order prior to the camp,
- Manage event-related concerns from all parties in attendance including participants, coaches and local authorities,
- Promote and support the promotional efforts of all events through social media, local sponsors and venues, and other reasonable methods,
- Organize and sort participants into appropriate groups for in-camp learning development using our proprietary group sorting method,
- Host coach training sessions for new and existing staff including skill development sessions and one-on-one staff coaching sessions as directed by management,
- Ensure coaches are reasonably following and promoting Dirt Series lesson plans and skills development formats while at camp,
- Coach at mountain bike camps throughout the season,
- Other responsibilities as required by management.
Skills / Requirements:
- Must hold a minimum PMBI Level 2, Facilitator or BICP Level 2, or 3 mountain bike instructor certification - or equivalent experience,
- Experience in training coaches, including conducting in-house educational sessions would be considered an asset,
- Experience in event management would be considered an asset,
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Excel, and able to work comfortably with data and cloud-based computer programs (ie. Google Drive),
- Must have a valid Class 5, North American Drivers Licence,
- Must be able to travel to Canada and the United States,
- Must have travel medical insurance valid in Canada and the United States.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, and hold a valid Passport,
- A clean drivers abstract will be required prior to hiring,
- This position will spend long periods of time travelling with our Demo Driver / Event Coordinator, and may be asked to drive periodically,
- This position will be required to support the Demo Driver with all international land-border crossings (with appropriate documentation and access organized by Dirt Series),
- Reasonable accommodations and a daily meal allowance will be provided while this position is on the road.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by emailing their resume and any supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
More Skills, More Fun