Digital Product Manager
Santa Cruz Bicycles
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for managing the digital products that act as the center of the brand universe for Santa Cruz, Juliana, Reserve, and Cervelo Bicycles.
You will work across the organization and develop a deep understanding of your customers to translate strategic deliverables into an actionable backlog and collaborate with stakeholders to create alignment on goals, processes, and deliverables impacting multiple departments.
You will also oversee a team of talented digital marketers who will help deliver against the roadmap.
Our small, motivated digital marketing and software engineering team works in an agile scrum framework and values cross-functional talents and communication skills. You should not only be ready to conceptualize and implement solutions to fit our online marketing needs, but also improve the team’s abilities through ongoing learning, advocating for best practices, and proposing process improvements.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Own the website roadmap, building alignment across the organization on the roadmap, and advocating for it within marketing, digital, and many connected teams
- Manage a growing team of content, search, analytics, and social subject matter experts focused on brand and product marketing and commerce campaign execution and support
- Distill the roadmap into actionable, prioritized, and well-understood backlog
- Anticipate time-sensitive marketing requirements and merge them into the backlog to support product launches and promotional brand initiatives
- Act as the primary point of contact for website needs—while the Product Manager isn’t tech support, they support every department in driving adoption. This means supporting users at all levels so they contribute to the improvement of the site experience and future.
- Triage issues—what can be worked around? What can be accomplished using existing tools or technologies? What can wait? What needs to be done right now?
- Enable communication between stakeholders, development and marketing team, customers, and end-users. You own the backlog, you know the vision, and you proactively communicate it. If there’s work in progress, you know about it and you know the status. You know how to manage a project and communicate deadlines and commitments.
- Prioritize with user testing and data. Know when to chuck the data out the window.
- Gain commitments on projects, tasks, and schedules from in-house and supporting, outsourced development teams
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the Scrum process
Competencies and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Expertise in the development of consumer-facing web products with experience working closely with digital marketing roles and brand marketing teams
- Excellent communication skills
- A proven history of delivering complex web projects and managing release from beginning to end
- Outstanding project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems and see all the different ways to solve them
- Ability to synthesize complex, diverse and often competing requirements into solutions and communicate them back to varying roles, teams, and audiences
- Analytical skills and an understanding of basic statistics and web analytics tools. The ability to make a decision and back it up
- Adept at ruthless prioritization of competing tasks and schedules
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Why work here: For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission at Santa Cruz Bicycles is to make the best bicycles, and to have fun doing it. For 25 years, we’ve been doing just that, and finding unique and innovative solutions for everything from suspension design to manufacturing processes along the way. We offer great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We offer a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts. Those parts come with the territory. We offer a home for people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, to think differently, and to find the best solutions to the thorniest problems. We’re much more than ‘a company to work for; we’re a well-respected brand, we’re manufacturers of exceptional products, and we’re a family. Those parts come from Santa Cruz Bicycles.