Sports Garage Cycling is in its 28th year. Our passion is helping every rider discover his or her own cycling adventure. Sports Garage is Boulders only full-service, high end bike retailer dedicated to alternative surface cycling. We believe in building the legacy of the local bike shop, knowing our customers' names when they walk in the door, and providing unparalleled service. Where the pavement ends, our passion begins. If you are interested in working on high end custom mountain and gravel bikes we are your shop. We are seeking experienced service technicians to complete expert repairs on all types of bicycles, with particular expertise in full suspension mountain bikes and premium gravel bikes, including full service suspension rebuilds. Team members in this role provide exceptional customer service in the normal course of business, including but not limited to:
- Evaluating all clients’ bikes for service, repair or suspension work
- Supporting the Service Writer on a rotating basis: Conduct consultative interviews with customers in need of service. Make appropriate service recommendations based on a comprehensive technical knowledge of bikes and attention to detail.
- Collaborating with the Service Writer and Owner/Operator to achieve targeted service department profitability, and remain at the forefront of trending technology and timely inventory turnover.
- Helping maintain a fleet of high performance full suspension mountain bikes
- Completing all levels of bicycle repair
- Representing the Sports Garage brand in the Boulder community.
- Expediting the resolution of Sports Garage customers’ problems and complaints.
- Processing and following up on warranty claims in a timely manner, according to Sports Garage’s warranty protocol.
- Executing timely and thoughtful follow-up with all service customers.
- Engaging in technical training, professional development, research, and regular “time on the bike” in order to maintain expert product knowledge.
- Contributing to company culture and promoting team camaraderie.
- Working during the off-season on facilities improvement, shop maintenance, and business development projects, at the discretion of the Owner/Operator
- 3+ years experience as a professional bicycle mechanic.
- Mountain biking experience required. Gravel road/adventure cycling experience preferred.
- Previous consumer-facing customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving and ‘remaining calm under fire’ ; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must love to ride.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employer sponsored health insurance with company supplemented premiums
- 60 Days of company paid disability insurance
- Optional vision insurance
- Optional dental insurance
- Vendor supported employee purchasing
- 5 Vacation days your first year of employment
- 6 Paid holidays, our store is always closed on major holidays
- 5 day work weeks rotating Saturdays so you have weekend flexibility.
- Brad James
Your application has been successfully submitted.