ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Merchandising Associate, you have the opportunity to evaluate, research and maintain key data elements covering the highest quality of bikes across all years, makes and models. You’ll be managing a detailed and precise product catalog for bikes, frames, wheels and components. At TPC, you enjoy the workload of a bike shop with the pace of a startup that fosters a unique culture of empowerment. You are part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do and plays a part in the disruption of the bike industry.
The position calls for a very high attention to detail and accuracy, as we provide the highest level of product detail in our industry. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of bikes and components is a must.
Staying organized in a busy work environment, working individually and as part of a team, some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more, and some inventory management and light data entry will be expected.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Research bikes and related components and their attributes
- Log detailed measurements, weight and technical attributes for all products within TPC’s product catalog
- Maintain technical documents and detailed product descriptions within TPC detailed product catalog
- Work with TPC’s computer systems and software
- Perform final quality control check on bikes, frames, wheels and components.
- 1 yr. Of biking industry experience, strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of bikes, frames, wheels and components across many makes, models and years
- Deep understanding and knowledge about bike geometry
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $19-24/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are changing the way people buy and sell bikes to make the world a better place.