Kona Bike Shop Sales Associate
The Kona Bike Shop is our flagship store and is located in beautiful Bellingham, Washington. The KBS acts as our showroom, demo center, events hub, and is a staple in the local cycling community. The KBS is looking to expand its staff and is currently hiring for a sales floor associate. We are looking for a sales associate who has a desire to be a steward for the Bellingham bike community. Qualified candidates will be passionate about building long-lasting customer relationships, supporting a team of mechanics, and keeping a growth mindset. Responsibilities will include:
- You will help every customer by discovering their needs and finding the products and services that give them the best cycling experience possible.
- Assist in the daily operations of the store, including restocking, cleaning, organizing, and merchandising.
- Greet customers and utilize the sales process to understand a customer's needs and ascertain the right combination of products and services for the customer.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Plan and organize community events including things like bike rides, swap meets, and sales events.
- Collaborating with the Sales Manager to set and exceed goals, both financial and otherwise, for the shop.
- A passion for cycling, knowledge of bicycles, and a proactive and positive attitude are qualities at the top of our list!
- Team-oriented, community-focused, and value-driven.
- Experience with bikes, sales, and modern POS systems.
- Interest in working in a team environment committed to providing excellent sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
- Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining successful systems and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to periodically lift 50 pounds.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
15$ an Hour
Benefits include: Medical/vision/dental insurance (partial employer paid), PTO, industry discounts, and a matching 401k plan
Review after 90 days with potential for periodic raises.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.