Digital Community Manager - Down to Ride Cycling App
What We Believe
We believe that cycling is an inclusive sport, activity, and social setting. Having a great time is more important than how fast you ride.
Our Mission: Butts on Saddles
About Down to Ride (DTR):
The Down to Ride (DTR) app launched in July 2020 on a mission to get more butts on saddles. The app focuses on building community and relationships with other riders by discovering and planning group rides in your area. DTR is available for iOS and Android in the US.
DTR is VC-backed and owned by Social Active, LLC, a startup spinout of Tome, Inc.
- A Digital Native - You’re an effective communicator online who is familiar with the space, trends, best practices, and different platforms with experience building and interacting with a community on behalf of a brand.
- Support the DTR Community Marketing Managers - Cycling groups are looking for better ways to handle ride plans. You’ll use digital media to help discover the right groups, clubs, and teams who believe in our mission then work with our community managers to introduce DTR.
- Manage and grow the DTR Rider Ambassador Program - You’ll work to recognize riders who bring the butts to our butts on saddles mission while bringing them and their group to life inside and outside the app.
Responsible for leading our online community
- Owning the Down to Ride accounts on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and LinkedIn
- Serving as the online voice of Down to Ride
- Engaging with the community, delivering content and messaging, and creating a strong sense of community
- Building and managing the content calendar
- Highlighting groups on the apps and the stories which make them unique
- Community management on social media and in the Down to Ride app (inbox management, sending push notifications, highlighting rides)
- Running incredible promotions for the community
- Recognizing riders that are Down to Ride and make riding awesome with other people
- Keeping tabs on opportunities to work with popular YouTube channels, bloggers, and professional cyclists
Responsible for leading digital media lead generation
- Identifying grassroots marketing to cycling groups online
- Discovering cycling groups, clubs, and events on digital channels then populating opportunities in HubSpot for our Community Managers
- Identifying affiliate marketing opportunities providing support for cycling groups and events
Responsible for the Down to Ride Ambassador Program
- Identifying users supporting our mission inside and outside the app
- Working with them to promote their rides or group through our blog, podcast, or social media
- Being creative in ways to give back to their cycling community on their behalf
- Maintaining and growing the relationship
- Engaging with app users who are showcasing the cool stuff they’re doing from rides, to races, to community service
- Adding a badge to their profile in the DTR app
- Collaborating with our performance marketing contractor to manage ads
- Tracking analytics for performance and growth to keep an updated media strategy
- Developing content for our owned channels
- Podcasts, blog posts, social posts
- Contributing to our product team with new features and benefits that make Down to Ride even better for the community
- Down to hustle, hard
- 2+ years direct experience managing and growing communities (bonus if B2C)
- A people-person who can create and execute building a strong and positive online community
- Experience creating and managing KPIs
- Experience managing interns, other contractors, and agencies
- Experience managing social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc)
- Experience with social media monitoring and management tools for publishing, reporting, and social listening (i.e. Hootsuite, SproutSocial, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Proven experience with crafting and executing effective social and community strategies across multiple channels
Make sure to tell us if you have these bonus skills:
- Small company or startup experience
- Experience with SEO and SEM
- Event experience
- Knowledge of good knee-slapping jokes
- The ability to ride a bike, sans training wheels, is a big plus
Compensation and Benefits:
The Digital Community Manager is a full-time position with unlimited vacation, a flexible work schedule, and stock options. Healthcare is negotiable. The position is full-time based in our Royal Oak, MI office.
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your resume
- In the email or cover letter, please let us know why you’re down to work.
- Please also answer the following questions when submitting your application:
- Do you have 2-4 years of experience in community development, marketing, or related fields?
- Do you have experience creating and managing KPIs?
- Do you have experience managing interns, other contractors, and agencies?
- Do you have any of the bonus skills? If so, please let us know.
- Please confirm you are available to work full time and your earliest start date.
- How do you feel about jorts?
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Butts on Saddles