Outride: Social Media Specialist (Part-time)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you love working for mission-driven organizations? Possess a talent for storytelling? Do you have a passion for all things cycling, building community, and equitable access for young people? Do you live and breathe social media and digital engagement? Then come help Outride advance its mission to diversify the next generation of cyclists!
Founded in 2014, Outride is a public non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of youth through cycling. Our activities focus on three areas: primary scientific research, school-based cycling programs, and 1:1 community matching grants. With nearly 200 middle school cycling programs in North America, Outride uses cycling to support and advance cognitive, emotional and physical wellbeing, while also helping to cultivate inclusive cycling communities. To date, Outride has brought cycling to almost 50,000 youth, in addition to making over $500,000 in matching community grants to 76 organizations in support of youth cycling programs and trail building projects around the US.
Outride’s team is comprised of five full time staff and our work is further supported by several part-time consultants. Although our physical office is in Morgan Hill, currently we are all working remotely, spanning several counties in the Bay Area, Southern California, Chicago, and Colorado. All geographic applications will be considered, though hiring will require ability to work PST hours as needed.
Outride is growing and seeks part-time social media strategy and writing support. The primary responsibilities of this Social Media Specialist include:
- Actively run social media accounts and maintain integrity to Outride’s overall narrative and voice (currently Instagram and Facebook). Moderate when necessary and recruit new followers.
- Build editorial calendar, handle posts, boost engagement, and moderate comments across Instagram and Facebook
- Collaborate with Outride Team and generate a tactical plan and approach that transforms ideas into content
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (Outride team, industry and community partners, Ambassadors) to grow the audience and reach of Outride on social media
- Propagate the campaign, its hashtags, related handles, and other assets across platforms (7x week) – including oversight of social media activity and audience engagement on weekends
- A love for all things social media, a passion for digital engagement, and flair for storytelling
- Consistent track record of organic digital audience growth (have samples to share and discuss)
- Familiarity with cycling-specific social media landscape and key partners in the social justice space
- Experience working with brands and ambassadors on cross-promotional posts
- Collaborative self-starter
- Laser-focused follow-up and follow-through on project deliverables
- Fluency in content management systems (scheduling on Later, Facebook Business Manager, YouTube, TikTok, Falcon, etc.)
- Basic technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Outride is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide every applicant and employee with equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status or any other characteristic that makes you who you are. We encourage people - especially those from BIPOC and/or marginalized groups - to apply and help us change the future for youth, one rider at a time.
Project scope + compensation
This “at-will” contract is a part-time, 3-month contract, with potential to extend. $25-$40/hour, depending on experience. No health care or PTO is provided.
Interested? To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Resume and, in lieu of a cover letter, a one page document describing your approach to mission-oriented digital engagement. In short: How would you advance Outride’s work in a social media environment?
Please limit your response to one page and include:
· Top 3 ideas for hashtags for campaign that would work on IG + FB
· Identify 3 org accounts, 3 influencer accounts, and 3 corporate accounts we should target and explain your reasoning
Note, due to volume, we cannot respond to telephone or direct inquiries.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until March 1, 2021.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Outride advances equitable, accessible and healthy futures for youth—one bike rider at a time.