Executive + Administrative Assistant
Title: Executive + Administrative Assistant — PeopleForBikes Coalition
Location: Boulder, CO
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible and more fun. Our mission is to put more people on bikes more often and make biking better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 290 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members and nearly 1.4 million individual supporters. PeopleForBikes has a Coalition that is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association and a Foundation that supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits and backs crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
PeopleForBikes is hiring an Executive + Administrative Assistant.
The ideal candidate is extremely organized with an eye for detail and helping set up the organization and its individual employees for success. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate a strong desire to support the success of others and take initiative to help people, teams and the office be more productive and efficient. This role will report to the Chief of Staff, help supervise our administrative assistant, and juggle running day-to-day operations and multiple organizational, office, and team administrative tasks. They will also support PeopleForBike’s President/CEO.
- College degree and two years of experience, associates degree and four years of experience, or six years of experience in administrative assistance or customer service.
- Experience creating better systems and templates for future work.
- Experience supervising others desired
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven project management and organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and action and gets work done quickly.
- Strong customer service ethic and willingness to go above and beyond to help PFB’s customers.
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment, spreadsheet, database, CRM, and Microsoft Suite software experience.
- Ability to problem solve and handle basic inquiries but also escalate important information to executives as needed.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Passionate about PeopleForBikes’ mission and the power of the bike to make life great.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable and affordable access to bicycling for all and especially those from underserved and marginalized communities.
- PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
As part of the administrative team, and with support from the Chief of Staff, this person will supervise our administrative assistant’s weekly and day-to-day tasks.
- Manage and provide support for various office-wide software such as Google Admin, Dropbox, Zoom, and Microsoft.
- Establish current and historical tracking systems for the office by outlining and following procedures.
- Manage projects from beginning to end to help others be productive and successful, institutionalizing continuous improvement.
- Perform some administrative functions for staff.
- Participate actively in the research, planning, and execution of PeopleForBikes events, including scheduling, preparing rooms, packets, and dossiers, and being the point person for catering.
- Arrange hotels, flights, and other logistics for staff, board members, and event participants.
- Manage our President/CEO’s day-to-day calendar, including making appointments and using discretion to prioritize important matters.
- Provide administrative assistance such as writing, editing, sending thank you notes, and preparing office communications on the CEO’s behalf.
- Provide executive team assistance as needed.
- Ensure all industry emails are updated in our Salesforce system.
- Point person for keeping a clean and smooth-running office ranging from the fulfillment of packages and running errands to ensuring internet access is functioning and staff has functioning laptops and phones.
- Manage relationships with office vendors and service providers.
- Provide general support to guests and visitors.
- Minimal travel may be necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with the role’s salary range of $50,000 - $62,000. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy including 22 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, a flexible work schedule including work from home options and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance, a cell phone plan and a laptop computer along with other benefits.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms are what drives us to do our best every day that we show up to work. Our core purpose is to make life great, and our core values are to put others first, include everyone and it can always be better. We’ll talk more in the interview process about what these mean, but for now, know that we continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly with some remote work allowed and we love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes (and hopefully you love bikes too).
- Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file, via email, with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes’ chief of staff at email@example.com.
- The cover letter should not exceed one page and briefly explain the candidate’s applicable experience including your experience working with people of different cultures or backgrounds to make them feel included and with a sense of belonging.
Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and accessible places to ride for everyone starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and will consider alternative ways in which an applicant may have gained the required qualifications outside of traditional pathways.
We are working to ensure our staff reflects the backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. Employing a diverse staff enables us to better serve diverse communities and build an empowering, collaborative and innovative work culture. We strive to create an inclusive work environment where employees from all backgrounds and communities feel welcomed, valued, respected and received. Please see more about our efforts externally and internally at Peopleforbikes.org/careers.
We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle. When you work at PeopleForBikes, you help us do the same.
Your application has been successfully submitted.