This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for an electrical engineer with good mechanical aptitude and firmware experience to work in a fast-paced engineering environment. This is a hands-on position, executing from concept to production. Projects will range from basic research and prototype creation to production support.
- Take ownership of projects from concept through to production.
- Perform research as needed to support new, innovations and/or processes.
- Design and develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes.
- Digital circuit design, including: PCB layout and simulation, testing, debugging, integration, reliability analysis, design analysis, and power electronics design.
- Development of source control programs and CAN BUS communications.
- Design and build controls for testing and validation of designs.
- Work with mechanical engineers on electro-mechanical product designs.
- Participate in the research, design, and development of new technology and concepts for electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
- Prepare designs for production release.
- Creation of design schematics and overall wiring plans.
- Create electrical documentation and maintain documentation standards.
- Coordinate workload through the entire development process to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Supplier selection and qualification.
- Participate in technical reviews and assess technical risks associated with designs.
- Support and follow engineering best practices and establish new best practices as needed.
- Follow internal processes, controls, and company policies as set by the company and job function.
- Work collaboratively with Industrial Design, Product Management, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Project Management, and suppliers to meet time, quality, and budget commitments.
- Create qualification test plans that meet international, legal, and CSG standards; troubleshoot testing failures and modify designs accordingly.
- Work with suppliers directly for product design and testing.
- Support fit and function checks at assembly factories.
- Evaluate and tune ride performance by field testing and data acquisition.
- Stay up-to-date with battery and drivetrain technology.
- Work in versatile international teams.
- Travel as needed.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3-8 years of experience.
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis, CAN BUS communication, and control systems.
- Must be a hands-on engineer with practical experience.
- Understanding of sensors and signal conditioning.
- Ability to integrate peripheral devices.
- Practical experience with typical electrical test & measurement equipment.
- Ability to perform independent research.
- Familiarity with power management system concepts and applications.
- Understanding of motor control concepts and battery management.
- Strong electrical aptitude to solve complex packaging, assembly, and control problems
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to create and prototype concepts in conjunction with mechanical designs
- English language skills.
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions.
- Exceptional team dynamics with the ability to support and cooperate with others.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to handle several projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven track record of completing tasks and projects within the allotted time.
- Experience with Asian manufacturing.
- In depth knowledge of Bluetooth and ANT+.
- Experience working with Industrial Designers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Previous work in a bike shop.
- Chinese language skills.
- Microcontroller programming in Assembly and C is a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Travel to visit suppliers and vendors worldwide
- Use hand tools for measurement and bicycle assembly.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401k and company match
- Commuter Incentive Program
- Great discounts on company products
- Employee Wellness Program
- A mix of casual yet professional culture
Your application has been successfully submitted.