Marketing Director, Cannondale
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Designing better bikes. That's our mission at Cannondale. Our passion for bikes fuels our never-ending drive to make bikes that just work better. Bicycles that make you ride better.
As the Cannondale Marketing Director, you will lead the globally integrated, cross-functional marketing process with the goal of having intentional marketing strategy and execution for the epic Cannondale brand – including product positioning, product messaging, campaign activation / execution, and overall annual marketing plans that integrate brand and product marketing initiatives.
Additionally, this role will lead customer insights to enable our marketing and product teams to make informed decisions.
- Managing Global Marketing Budget
- Collaborate with the regional marketing teams in the development of annual region marketing budgets
- Negotiate vendor contracts, as needed.
- Follow internal controls and company policies as set by company and job function.
The management of the Cannondale brand includes the VP of Global Marketing and VP of Creative. This role will be directly responsible for the product marketing team, content and production graphic designers. This role will be supported by his or her peers: Digital Marketing Director, Education Director, Sports Marketing Director, PR Manager and geographical regions who activate the brand through regional business plans.
Marketing Strategy, Process and Insights
- Own the complete marketing process from the Briefs through to the execution in partnership with the Regional Marketing teams to deliver best-in-class global marketing campaigns and activations
- Lead the communication of global initiatives across all regional marketing teams
- With the help of the project manager, ensure all projects are properly mapped out, assigned, communicated and delivered on time
- Ensure that our marketing delivers on stated goals and objectives, while promoting the brand initiatives
- Ensure and manage Cannondale brand positioning, character and messaging is consistently applied across all marketing elements in all regions.
- Owned Media (sales collateral, website, social, email), Earned Media (PR), Paid Media and Events (tradeshows, consumer/sports events
- Lead and manage consumer insights projects, surveys and focus groups
- Drive thought-leadership in new marketing approaches to drive differential growth in 1) brand equity, 2) driving consumers to purchase.
Global Annual Marketing Planning
- With the guidance of marketing and sales leadership, develop the overall annual marketing plan - objectives, strategies, and key initiatives - for the Cannondale brand across all key segments
- Drive development of platform-specific annual marketing strategy
- Develop the overall global new product campaign calendar and launch plan across all segments
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams on their regional annual marketing plan – ensuring alignment with global objectives
- Drive the planning and execution of annual product marketing collateral materials
- Dealer Book, Catalog, Model Cards, Quick Reference Guide
Required Leadership Attributes:
- Strong EQ.
- Adept at managing a direct report group while also leading through influence across functions and regions
- Highly adaptable and flexible in managing marketing planning in an evolving landscape.
- Can flex rapidly between high-level strategy, to mid-level planning, to detailed execution.
- Strong project management orientation, timeline management and problem-solving orientation.
- Keenly honed communication skills that will drive rational, timely and effective decision-making
- Ability to build a stable of reliable and creative agency partners
- Possess natural ability to engage bike dealers and distributors with genuine authenticity and knowledge of performance bikes
- Effectively presents information in both one-on-one and group situations to customers and employees
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/related field with 10+ years of experience in marketing and brand management.
- 5+ years’ experience in directly managing teams as well as influencing in a matrix organization
- Previous experience within the bike industry or action sports industry
- Passion for biking or related outdoor activities.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401k and company match
- Commuter Incentive Program
- Great discounts on company products
- Employee Wellness Program
- A mix of casual yet professional culture
Your application has been successfully submitted.