Design Engineer III
What We Do
FOX Factory designs, engineers, manufactures and markets performance-defining products and systems for customers worldwide. Our premium brand, performance-defining products and systems are used primarily on bicycles, side-by-side vehicles, on-road vehicles with and without off-road capabilities, off-road vehicles and trucks, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, specialty vehicles and applications, motorcycles, and commercial trucks. Some of our products are specifically designed for and marketed to a variety of leading cycling and powered vehicle original equipment manufacturers ("OEMs"), while others are distributed to consumers through a global dealer and distribution network. Fox Factory Holding Corp. is the holding company of FOX Factory, Inc. and is publicly traded (FOXF) on Nasdaq.
Why you should join us
Not only do we provide competitive wages, you will also have access to great benefits and employee discounts. But more importantly, it’s a fun environment where we truly enjoy working as a team and bringing great products to our customers!
If this sounds like something you would love to do, and a place you want to be a part of, get in touch with us by submitting your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Designs, develops or modifies products, applying engineering principles. Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates new products, applying knowledge of engineering. Communicates with all levels of management and direct communication with all NPI functions within the company providing guidance to solving any design and procurement issues. Provides direction to factory staff and engineering as needed and leads development projects on a regular basis.
The role will leverage the candidate’s considerable experience in consumer product design, including plastic injection molded components and electronic enclosures.
- Takes the lead role in conducting engineering studies on design for products, associated and subsystems components, and structures.
- This role applies advanced surfacing techniques and executes designs that incorporate industrial design inputs.
- Drives the work necessary for research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops designs and provides direction to design development management and supervision.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs. Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing products.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Works with research and other engineering personnel to prepare design modifications as required.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technological changes and developments in industry.
- Applies engineering principles to design, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment, or processes.
- Conducts analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products, such as engines, equipment, machines, associated and subsystems components, and structures.
- Assists in the process that determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Prepares and assists in the preparations of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Reviews and evaluates designs for improving performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development.
- Participates in the process of cost reduction proposals and investigates proposals from other sources, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
Specific Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Ability to work in a team environment using excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical areas of business.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of several design tools and advanced surfacing techniques, and experience working across functional lines during the design and or development process.
- Demonstrated competency in consumer product design, including electronic enclosures with plastic injection molded components and sealing assemblies, incorporating industrial design inputs.
- This level requires skills characterized by the inclusion of work that requires a heavy understanding of theories, principles and practical application in the design, development, testing and releasing of new products.
- Provides guidance and leadership in programs, with other engineers and communication to all levels of management.
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or related Engineering field.
7+ years of Design and or Product Development with a minimum of at least four years’ experience in an engineering position related to consumer product design, electronic enclosures, and sealing assemblies.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Team environment
- Frequent presence in Test lab, Engineering lab, and Factory where safety is priority
- Test riding that requires physical endurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together We Ride