Bicycle Service Writer
Why you should join us
Not only do we provide competitive wages, you will also have access to great benefits and employee discounts. But more importantly, it’s a fun environment where we truly enjoy working as a team and bringing great products to our customers!
If this sounds like something you would love to do, and a place you want to be a part of, get in touch with us by submitting your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Summary: The Bicycle Service, Service Writer is responsible for the daily interactions with SSG Bicycle customers seeking technical, warranty, and factory service support.
- Increase efficiency in the operation of service processes for the department
- Ensure timely repair, preferably within 24-48 hours of receipt
- Integrate data collection processes and automation within the department
- Create a user-friendly interface between the Bicycle Service Dept. and SSG customers through digital and phone communications.
- Implement Service Upgrade Program that is driven by Bicycle Service Department
- Increase profitability of department with an emphasis on streamlining repair procedures, recommending product upgrades, and implementation of the FOX Factory Tuning (FFT) program.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Communications with SSG customers concerning creation of RA #’s, follow up on repairs that are in house, and technical support for all SSG Bicycle Suspension and RFE products.
- Evaluate products that have been sent in for warranty/service to confirm the action that the technicians will provide for that product
- Provide accurate estimates and alternate options to customers for the servicing and support of products
- Administration of products on “Hold” to ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner
- Work closely with Technicians, CSR’s, and other departments to ensure that products being serviced do not meet with delays
- Become cross trained to support any position within the department when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety regulations within the department
- Take pride in your work
- Have fun and enjoy your job! A good attitude is contagious.
- Technical knowledge of Bicycle Suspension and Bicycle Components
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to contribute in a Team atmosphere
- Ability to Multitask and work under pressure
- Able to understand and execute detailed instructions
- Ability to read technical drawings/engineering documents
- Advanced computer skills. Able to work in Excel spreadsheets and use data bases for part searches, etc.
- Highest levels of integrity, honesty and work ethic
- Good written and oral communication skills necessary to explain detailed mechanical concepts
- Customer Service and Professional Phone Skills
- Willingness to positively embrace change
Position Education, Qualifications, and Experience needed
- High School Diploma
- 2 years minimum Bike shop experience or equivalent job experience
- Call Center experience a plus
- General knowledge of the Bicycle Industry
- Proficient with Micro Soft Office Suite
- General knowledge of Computers
- Able to lift 30lbs.
- Work well with others
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Together We Ride