QA Lead- B2B
Specialized Bicycle Components
Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
Want to join a fast-paced team at the forefront of bicycle industry growth? The B2B QA Lead is part of the B2B Team managing, maintaining, and running the retailer-facing ecommerce website. The QA Lead is responsible for the overall Quality Assurance program, guiding testing strategies and leading the team towards testing automation. They are also responsible for reviewing functional requirements for "test-ability," writing test plans, writing test scripts and technical documentation, executing functional, regression, and stress testing; managing issues within our in-house tracking system; and managing release cycles.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the ecommerce industry. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices, yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. They will have solid technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they come up. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past. Come join this dynamic and growing team!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Utilize your knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments are not compromised.
- Review ticket requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases; manage test cases on a sprint basis.
- Create project test cases and QA related code submissions to ensure function and stability.
- Lead testing automation efforts and direction
- Conduct functional and back-end testing on our e-commerce site.
- Act as a liaison between the business and development teams to handle defects and provide defect resolution.
- Gather test data and effectively communicate results to the broader team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Minimum 8 years of software quality assurance experience.
- Minimum 4 years of functional and backend testing of eCommerce websites and backend applications, including order management systems.
- Strong knowledge of version management and code deployment standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Software Quality Assurance methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills.
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
- High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts.
- Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills demonstrating their ability to collaborate with not only other QA people but with developers, project managers, and various levels of management.
- Good in team handling, team building and team mentoring.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time - prioritizing their daily work to meet the needs of the projects.
- Experience with Atlasssian Confluence, JIRA, and JIRA Service Desk.
- Solid understanding of QA automation using tools like Selenium.
- Ability to build Test Automation from scratch.
- Solid understanding on the CI process and tools like Jenkins, bamboo, git lab.
- Expertise with Restful API tests using postman or swagger.
- Experience with Mobile Testing using Xcode and Android emulators.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always looking for passionate people from all disciplines who share in this belief and who are looking to play an active role in inspiring and getting more people on bikes. Are you ready to make a difference?