Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Description Overview:
The Product Development Engineer will support the mechanical design and development of new products that have international exposure to millions of consumers. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Design and develop new products and components that combine function and aesthetics working in conjunction with the development team
- Create 3D CAD models and designs
- Create functional prototypes to verify design intent through virtual or physical methods
- Evaluate designs to applicable safety standards and perform Finite Element Analysis of impact damage response of bicycle helmets
- Test, research and validate existing and new products, analyse materials and data and monitor performance and quality
- Proactively support the continuous improvement of the products and engineering processes
- Provide constant support (both by remote and on-site factory visits) to Manufacturing to improve products, processes and quality
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related field
- 3+ years relevant experience. Experience in sports equipment industry is most preferred
- In-depth knowledge of 3D CAD software - preferably Autodesk Alias and Siemens NX
- Experience with engineering analysis methods and FEA
- Experience with manufacturing techniques including injection molding, composites and vacuum forming
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Willingness to travel to Asia to support R&D as needed
- Fluency in English
- Passion for cycling and/or outdoor sports
MET spa, Talamona (SO), North of Italy
At MET we live and breathe our products with passion which enables us to produce bicycle helmets that have set industry standards. We are looking for a passionate, creative and forward thinking Engineer who shares our values and will become another brand champion in our team.
We understand that it’s our team that helps us to be successful and we do our best to make MET a rewarding and fun place to work. We are based in the beautiful Valtellina valley nestled in the Italian Alps 100km from the Stelvio and 40km from lake Como. We have the perfect location for people who love the outdoors and the Italian culture.
We encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the cycling industry.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At MET we live and breathe our products with passion which enables us to produce bicycle helmets that have set industry standards. We are looking for ...