Light Duty Diesel/ Construction Equipment Mechanic and Shop Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
- Develop a career track
- Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
- Work with an incredible team of people!
Rock Solid Trails is seeking a talented Light Duty Diesel/Construction Equipment Mechanic. As the Light Duty Diesel/Construction Equipment Mechanic, you will serve as the shop manager and repair and manage the servicing of company equipment in a timely and effective manner. The Rock Solid fleet consists of multiple brand named light duty diesel trucks, small to medium duty excavators, skid steers, canycoms, jackhammers, chainsaws, and a variety of other small engine construction equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the repair and maintenance of company owned equipment (light to medium duty excavators, skid steers, canycoms, turbo-diesel pickups, jackhammers, chainsaws, etc.) to include organization of the equipment yard.
- Handle service calls to meet employees’ needs and assure that equipment is available as required.
- Order parts in order to maintain adequate supplies.
- Provide training and assistance to other employees.
- Occasionally travels to job sites to repair equipment.
- Work with equipment vendors to learn the maintenance requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to inventory.
- Evaluate all equipment before and after repairs, maintenance or safety checks.
- Handle field workers complaints regarding equipment condition or operation.
- Promote safety awareness
- Perform quality control checks
- Update, maintain and keep organized equipment service records
- Create, update, close and bill work orders
- Commission new equipment
- Order parts, return parts, and perform parts inventory
- Dispose of solid and hazardous material waste (Batteries, used oil & filters, antifreeze, wash sludge)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager
Reporting to include: - Equipment due for service - Fleet status Reporting - Equipment Service Record Reporting - oil testing - Inventory management - Parts & merchandise detail reporting - Financial and historical trending - Service department financial summary -
• Valid driver’s license.
• 4+ years’ experience as a light duty diesel mechanic and small/medium engine mechanic.
• Must be willing to travel. Our company currently works 6 months in Copper Harbor Michigan (summer) and 6 months in Bentonville Arkansas (winter).
• Initially supply own tools, while building Rock Solid tool and equipment inventory
• Extensive experience in the repair and maintenance of light to medium duty self-propelled platforms and lifts
• Attention to detail and is organized.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong understanding of equipment capabilities and safety requirements.
• Clear perspective of maintenance and repair issues in the industry
• Planning and management experience
• Computer literacy
• Reporting experience
• Inventory management experience
• The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 to 75 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Gear up for an exciting career!
Your application has been successfully submitted.