Santa Cruz Bicycles
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of various internal financial statements to management, maintenance of the organization’s general ledger, and ensuring that all transactions and documentation comply with US GAAP and Dutch GAAP.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain knowledge of daily activities for Accounting, Accounts Payables, Cost Accounting and Treasury
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances
- Generate and distribute management reports on monthly and ad hoc basis
- Perform accounting analysis for cash accounts, accruals, account payables, account receivables, and various reconciliations
- Assist various departments in accounting issues and queries
- Assist in tax preparation and filing activities
- Review financial reports to identify and explain variances
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of related accounts.
- Work with Controller to Coordinate the Company's annual audit with the independent auditors.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP and Dutch GAAP compliance
Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience working in the same or similar position
- At least 5 years of experience with financial statement reporting and closing of financial books
- Strong ERP skills, SAP preferred
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Why work here: For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission at Santa Cruz Bicycles is to make the best bicycles, and to have fun doing it. For 25 years, we’ve been doing just that, and finding unique and innovative solutions for everything from suspension design to manufacturing processes along the way. We offer great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We offer a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts. Those parts come with the territory. We offer a home for people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, to think differently, and to find the best solutions to the thorniest problems. We’re much more than ‘a company to work for; we’re a well-respected brand, we’re manufacturers of exceptional products, and we’re a family. Those parts come from Santa Cruz Bicycles.