Global Category Manager
Giant Bicycle Inc.
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
POSITION: Global Category Manager
LOCATION: Giant USA (Newbury Park, California)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Global Bike TM
Job Summary: Lead and manage the product development process for a category of bicycle products from concept to first delivery. Key responsibilities include identifying market trends and consumer needs, developing product strategy and roadmaps, and executing product development from start to finish which includes, but is not limited to; communicating and executing the responsible product range to internal and external teams, selecting product specifications, assisting on color and graphic art files, interacting with suppliers and manufacturing as directed, and adhering to global product guidelines and processes.
- Identify consumer and market trends to determine new product opportunities, and present them utilizing new product development system.
- Interact with Commercial Team to develop global product lineup, specifications, pricing, competitive analysis, and product launch timeline.
- Precisely follow mandated timelines for the development and/or roll out of new product additions.
- Extensively communicate with global teams throughout product cycle.
- Understand and learn from supplier and manufacturing personnel for a more competitive supply chain.
- Assist in global and local specifications.
- Offer support and service in the yearly color and graphic process.
- Building and riding of sample bikes for testing and photo shooting.
- Interact with marketing and related functions for product and technical communication, support, planning and annual launching.
- Presentations to internal teams, global sales companies and media launch events as needed
- Assist product development team in ensuring that the yearly goals of the department and the company are met.
- Previous product management/development experience of three plus years, preferably in the bike industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bicycles and gear with strong passion for cycling.
- Fundamental understanding of product design and/or manufacturing
- Strong data management and analytical mind with strategic ability to support category decisions.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Confident and capable communicator (verbal and written).
- College degree necessary.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and a familiarity with product development tools.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively both internationally and domestically.
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@giantbicycle.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Your application has been successfully submitted.