This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a reliable HR Generalist to manage all employee benefit programs from our self-insured medical benefits to retirement plans, as well as, understand the foundation of Human Resources. The goal of this role is to ensure all benefit programs are managed properly to maintain and enhance employee satisfaction.
You will act as the main point person for medical benefits and retirement plans for employees. You will communicate directly with employees, resolve any benefits-related issues and collaborate with external vendors and brokers.
To be successful in this role, you should have strong organizational skills and stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and market trends. You should also have strong interpersonal skills, be able to maintain meticulous records and collaborate with other departments and external service providers.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain and update employee records and benefits files in HRIS system
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, including enrollments, terminations, and claims
- Advise and inform employees of the details of the company's benefit programs
- Resolve benefit-related issues for employees and respond to queries and requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees
- Assist HR Manager with research of new employee benefit plans and vendors
- Evaluate the efficiency and value of current benefit programs and make recommendations for improvements
- Collaborate with payroll and ensure that employer contributions and payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain and create records, reports, and documentation in accordance with federal, state, and provider regulations
- Annual management of the ACA Reporting and preparation for 1095s
- Reconcile all monthly benefit invoices for accuracy and prepare them for submission to the AP Department
- Administer and assist with the company 401(k) plan in regards to uploading all employee deferrals and matching
- Reconcile 401(k) with the finance team to ensure correct deductions from corporate accounts
- Promote the company benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), voluntary products, and SmartDollar
- Organize and coordinate annual Open Enrollment meetings and quarterly education meetings
- Organize and coordinate bi-annual 401(k) education meetings with our Investment Brokers
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing
- Audit plan participants, elections, and deferrals to ensure accuracy of individual coverage types
Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and three to five years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience
- 3-5 years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Strong analytical capabilities and light bookkeeping skills a must
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant policies and regulations surrounding benefits
- HRIS software experience - Workday experience highly desirable
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to train others on complex Excel processes and usage of Google Suite, and SmartSheets
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Why work here: For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission at Santa Cruz Bicycles is to make the best bicycles, and to have fun doing it. For 25 years, we’ve been doing just that, and finding uniqu...