Store Associate I (Part-Time or Full-Time)
Store Associate I | Job Description
Reports To: Retail Assistant Manager
Hours Required: Full Time or Part Time
Location: Corona Retail Store
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling retail business. Our purpose is to inspire people to Ride, Experience, and Explore.
We bring our culture to life through our values.
We are focused on a vision to “grow” beyond our limitations.
Our Retail Team is a primary link between Jenson USA and our customers. Applicants for this position should have a strong interest and passion for bicycles, as well as prior sales experience inside the bicycle or lifestyle industry or expertise from a similar industry that can be applied to the bicycle industry. Ideal candidates will have experience and training in suggestive selling and solution-based selling, and be adept at fostering ongoing relationships with customers. Jenson USA maintains retail-focused operating hours; Saturday/Sunday work may be regularly scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides Jenson USA customers with exceptional customer service through selling product and meeting customer needs (Core Value#1 “Customers are Everything. Show them the love!”).
· Demonstrates a true passion for cycling and stay informed on the latest cycling products, technology, and market trends.
· Problem solves customer inquiries by investigating problems, developing solutions, ensuring customer satisfaction.
· Answers incoming customer inquiries through chat, email, and phone.
· Possesses the skills to assist customers with basic level technical capabilities (flat tire repair, operate quick release, etc.).
· Oversees day to day operations of the Corona store.
· Ensures a clean and inviting shopping experience for Corona store customers.
· Assists in the coordination of store marketing events.
· Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to work an 8-hour shift on feet.
· Other duties and special projects as the business needs require.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Cycling background and passion
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Energetic, enthusiastic, positive attitude, and committed
· Tech savvy skills include Microsoft Office and POS system
· The ability to work under pressure
· Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· 1-2 years of sales experience
· Bicycle Mechanic trade school
· Prior Bike Shop Experience
· Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
· Organization – Effectively manages time and the workspace. Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
· Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Addresses problems and acts to prevent them. Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
· Communication – Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
· Service Oriented – Interacts professionally with leaders, clients, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
· Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willing to provide back-up support for others.
· Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
· Judgement – Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
· Initiative – Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
· The Retail Sales Associate I position starts at $16.00 plus commission
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Full-Time)
· Flexible Spending Account (Full-Time)
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching (Full-Time)
· Supplemental Insurance (Full-Time)
· Employee Purchase Discount Program and Pro Deals
· Company Celebrations and Social Hours
· Vendor & Service Clinics
· Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We Keep You Pedaling