Graphic Production Designer
LTP Sports Group / Norco
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Norco Bicycles is a high-performance brand of choice for cyclists around the world. Since 1964, Norco (Live to Play Sports Inc) has been Canada’s leading distributor of premium bicycles, parts and accessories, selling over 80 world-class cycling brands with a focus on mountain bikes. Live to Play Sports also owns and operates several proprietary brands, including Axiom Cycling Gear. Our Wester Canada head office distribution centre is in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia.
The Graphic Production Designer is responsible for creating production templates and placement documents for Norco suppliers. They demonstrate exceptions skills in researching and collaborate on trends specific to colors in the outdoor and recreational space. This role will produce and communicate art, colorways and finishes for the entire Norco bicycle product mix.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare layouts and graphic elements for bicycle product lines including colorways and finishes that achieve creative and commercial practicality
- Collaborate with product managers, industrial designers, Creative team and supply chain to ensure design optimization, aligned production schedule, project execution and timelines are achieved
- Research and evaluate trends specific to colors and graphics in the outdoor and recreational space
- Collaborate with Creative team to ensure all designs are aligned and adhere to brand guidelines
- Participate in Trade shows, Consumer events, Surveys and all forms of primary research
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- 3-5 years of production design experience in the outdoor industry, preferably with physical 3D products
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, related program or equivalent work experience
- Design abilities including illustration, color theory, texture, layout and visual presentation
- Extensive knowledge of decal manufacturing, painting and powder coating materials, and processes
- A team player comfortable in a collaborative and participative team environment
- Able to multi task and balance a work load with tight deadlines
- Highly skilled with industry software, primarily Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Ability to use Solidworks, Fusion 360, or other 3D software for the development of 3D graphic renders
- Passionate mountain biker is an asset
- Able to travel internationally as required
Live to Play Sports Group Inc is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.