CAD Surface Modeler
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you an experienced surface designer with an engineering mindset and passion for bikes? Do you enjoy creating sleek, beautiful products that are innovative in the cycling world? Would you be stoked to collaborate with engineers and designers to bring your ideas onto the showroom floor and into the hands of riders? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you!
We are searching for a CAD Surface Modeler to join our rider-focused product team and create the next game-changing products for our riders!
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Build, refine and manage 3D CAD models in Creo with an emphasis on organic shapes and high-level Class A surfacing
- Set the standard for organized CAD structure and modeling techniques for the Engineering and Design teams
- Innovate new shapes and style in components with consideration for manufacturing requirements, for composites, alloys and plastic.
- Work daily with Engineering to implement requirements while collaborating with Industrial Designers to execute clear design intent
- Create meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists & lead the industry
- Balance multiple projects with overlapping timelines to meet aesthetic, functional and aerodynamic requirements on time with proper review
- Design and review 3D printed prototypes to review and accelerate iteration
- Update surface designs as needed throughout life cycle
- Create CAD documentation for internal teams to follow
- Develop style guides for future products alongside designer
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 3+ years experience in PTC Creo, using ISDX and advanced surfacing tools
- Background in product design, 3D modeling or engineering
- Class A surfacing and advanced modeling product design experience
- Illustrated best practices in Creo 3D CAD structuring and modeling techniques
- Ability to translate 2D sketches, skeletons and clearance models into fully closed organic surface models
- PLM experience, Agile preferred
- General understanding of DFM
- Natural problem-solving ability and superb attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience mentoring others in CAD techniques and best practices
- Use of Family Tables or Configurable Components/Assemblies a plus
- Proficient knowledge of other 3D CAD packages will be considered
- Experience in other tools a plus: Creo Freestyle, Keyshot, Illustrator
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
If you'd like to get the inside scoop about Specialized - our culture, team dynamics, and more, please reach out to Lknight@specialized.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always...