Rider Insights Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Specialized, we believe the rider is the boss. This is the role that ensures we have a deep understanding of who the rider is so we can develop the products they need, offer the services they want, and deliver the experiences they deserve. This role also ensures that we serve the rider by offering the customer experience they deserve.
Your job is to lead qualitative and quantitative research efforts to discover insights about riders in the various categories and markets. You will work with brand managers, product developers, and business leaders to discover insights and produce research which they will use to make product and business strategy decisions that best serve the rider.
You will also lead implementation of improvements in the customer experience, based on the research findings. You will collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure the rider experience is cohesive and consistent across all channels. You’ll have the responsibility to portray an accurate and unbiased representation of the rider and to use the findings to support strategic business decisions.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Be an advocate for all of our riders, from the casual commuter to the performance-focused racer
- Lead the delivery of research and insights that inform product development, the rider experience, rider targeting and engagement, and business and go-to-market strategies
- Plan and lead primary qualitative research projects with product teams using methodologies, such as interviews, focus groups, and ethnographies
- Oversee quantitative market research projects supporting various product categories
- Draw from a variety of research methods-interviews, observation, surveys, user testing, experimentation, and mixed methods
- Manage external vendors and consultants for particular research projects
- Through impactful insights and analysis, drive business strategy and results across multiple functions with stakeholders as active partners, including product development, marketing, and rider experience teams
- Meaningfully summarize research and communicate to executive leadership
- Help stakeholders make sense of the data collected and use it to make business decisions.
- Develop creative research solutions to uncover consumer insights and trends related business questions as they arise.
- Impact decisions through formal and informal influence based on research outcomes
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- 8+ years of strategic insights experience, including hands-on experience in a number of methodologies and at least 3 years leading a high-impact team
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, communication, statistics or another related field
- Advanced degree in behavioral or social sciences desired
- Extensive experience with qualitative research methods
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
- Detail-oriented, yet able to see the big picture and identify actionable insights from research
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to build a team
- Ability to present clear, actionable results to different types of audiences
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
If you'd like to get the inside scoop about Specialized - our culture, team dynamics, and more, please reach out to Lknight@specialized.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always...