We are looking for a Design Engineer to contribute to the mechanical design team on new product development across a variety of SRAM’s cycling components.
You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, yoga on the rooftop, or lunch on the balcony in between all the engineering fun.
Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Work through design process from sketches and ideas to product-in-hand, collaborating and problem solving with a small, cross-functional team and factories around the world
- Participate in our feedback-driven culture for product design and personal development
- Bring enthusiasm to learning and furthering core engineering tools we use to create our products
- Create component and assembly CAD models and associated Engineering drawings.
- Mitigate design risks using tools such as FMEA, FEA, GD&T and statistics.
- Learn how to apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how the work is completed.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support an equitable, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Be an active participant in constantly evolving and improving not only SRAM’s products but also SRAM’s culture
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent degree
- A drive for learning, self-improvement, and team growth
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems
- The ability to communicate with a broad audience, across cultures
- The ability to use a methodical and hands-on approach to resolve difficult problems
- The ability to travel outside of the U.S., primarily to Asia, up to four times per year, for one to two weeks at a time (Covid-19 safety allowing)
- This role is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date.
- No need to be a cyclist!
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience.
Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We believe in the Power of Bicycles and expanding the Potential of Cycling.