This job is no longer accepting applications.
Driven Technologies: Mechanical Engineer
Who we are:
Located in Boulder, CO, Driven Technologies is a spin out of parent company CeramicSpeed, created to forward the development of CeramicSpeed’s unique bicycle drivetrain concept, Driven. DrivenTech has recently received external funding and is on an accelerated path to complete development and manufacturing of the Driven drivetrain.
As an innovation-centric company, we continuously push the limits and challenge the norm with creative approaches and solutions. We believe in revolutionary vs evolutionary.
DrivenTech comprises a small, highly focused solution-driven group of engineers, aiming to revolutionizing the bicycle industry. The success of Driven fully lies within the creative, innovative and nimble Team.
Want to learn more about what we do and the drivetrain? Do a quick online search of “CeramicSpeed Driven”
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for an R&D engineer with a passion for mechanical systems to join our team. This person must gravitate towards problem solving in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has a strong willingness to bring a creative and innovative approach to solving open-ended technical problems, and with an attitude that accepts a ‘fail fast’ philosophy and fosters continuous improvement of iterations and prototypes.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about mechanical design beyond your day job.
- You bring a collaborative approach to work, accepting input and constructive review from other team members.
- You have diverse experience, provide a unique perspective, and enjoy a steady stream of intriguing challenges.
- You are comfortable with saying, “I don’t know, but I’ll figure it out.”
- You have an interest in cycling and a desire to be part of innovation in our industry.
- Because our design problems and the engineering issues we face are difficult, complex and undefined, you are excited to use detailed information gathering, analysis, investigation, prototyping, and likely multiple iterations to find solutions.
- If you prefer working on long-term, low risk, highly defined projects by yourself in an office, DrivenTech is not for you.
- Conduct engineering research, design, and development tasks
- Develop solutions to complex problems
- Specifically- research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, and test bicycle drivetrain sub components
- Create design iterations leading to prototypes
- Translate designs and prototypes into a manufacturable product
- Frequent use of hands-on approach to prototyping and problem solving
- Iterate and progress designs efficiently and quickly
- Analyze potential critical failure modes
- Cross-task collaboration with team MEs and EEs
- Lead or participate in brainstorming or lessons learned sessions and assist team members with sharing of knowledge
- Work with a great team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Develop iterative 3D concepts digitally in CAD (Solidworks, Fusion 360, or similar), using 2D drawings, and by creating physical prototypes
- Create technical specifications
- Document progress and results in project management
- Apply innovative processes
- Effectively balance multiple projects, responsibilities, and tasks
- Focus on completion of set milestones and goals, with thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Assist legal with patents and for new products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years mechanical and/or product design experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Strong aptitude with mechanical systems. Extensive kinematics experience desired
- Knowledge of FMEA
- Experience using CAD modeling software (SolidWorks, Fusion 360, or similar) to create 3D models and 2D engineering drawings
- Strong understanding of static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Knowledge of mechatronics
- Knowledge of 3D printing and CNC basics
- Knowledge of gear designs
- Electro-mechanical design experience
- Familiar with consumer product manufacturing processes a plus
- Mechanical proficiency with bikes and/or bike industry experience a plus
- Experience leading multiple project cycles from concepting through production preferred
- Experience bringing multiple products to market preferred
- Strong aptitude with very complex mechanical systems
- Outside the box thinking
- Creative approach to innovation
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a hands-on, fast paced, design & engineering environment
- Strong problem solving and corrective action skills
- Team player with excellent written, verbal, presentation, & conceptual skills
- Ability to compromise with others to reach understanding or agreement, leading to decision-making
- Ability to alter direction and project requirements as needed based on daily discoveries and iterations
- Ability to work on multiple sub-projects/tasks simultaneously
Driven Technologies is located in the heart of beautiful Boulder, Colorado, with easy access to Boulder’s extensive network of bike paths and the local bike park.
Some travel may be required.
Due to the personal collaborative nature of this position, on-site presence is required (full-time remote working is not an option).
Benefits: Healthcare, paid holidays, flexible time off
Compensation: this is a full-time, salaried exempt role, with a salary range of $75,000-$110,000 per year.
Your application has been successfully submitted.