Customer Experience Technician
The Customer Experience Technician works with the Santa Cruz factory front-of-house team to help provide a world class Showroom and Demo experience. Responsibilities include building and maintaining Showroom Demo bikes to a professional standard and working with customers to help with bike set up, technical questions, and trail advice.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain, clean, and repair bicycles to professional standards
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace
- Build and maintain an encyclopedic knowledge of Santa Cruz and Juliana Bicycles
- Prepare retired bikes for sale and assist in managing fleet liquidation
- Answer tech emails and phone calls from customers
- Set up demo bikes for customers
- Build bikes for the Showroom, trade shows, product launches and other Marketing use
- Cover shifts in Showroom as needed
- Assist with cleaning, maintaining and securing Demo maintenance area and Showroom
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and special projects as assigned
Competencies & Requirements:
- Detailed knowledge of mountain bikes, repair, suspension technology and, selling points and pricing
- Excellent mechanical skills, with 2-3 years shop experience
- Brake and drivetrain maintenance and repair
- Wheel and tire maintenance and repair
- Suspension overhaul and servicing
- Dropper seatpost maintenance and repair
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional, positive attitude
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Ability to be extremely efficient and accurate
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Santa Cruz Bicycles products, technologies, selling points and pricing strongly preferred
- UBI or similar certification a plus
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Why work here: For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994