Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Human Resources Manager, your focus will be in Employee Relations and Talent Management. You will work closely with employees and leadership to ensure employee satisfaction and maintain the company’s collaborative and inclusive company culture. You will develop programs throughout the organization aimed at increasing employee satisfaction and identify recommendations for resolutions of complex employee issues and talent management. To be successful in this role, you will need to be well versed in employment laws, have an excellent demeanor and tact for handling employee issues, and the ability to develop leadership training, coach, and guide our management team in regards to talent management. Your impact on the company will be significant and will ensure we continue to create a thriving culture while growing rapidly.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintain a healthy and balanced relationship within the organization between the employees and between management and employees. This includes being involved in discussions with employees and managers to find solutions and resolution to concerns
- Work closely with management to maintain a work culture where employees find the work place stress free, clean and safe
- Provide strategic Employee Relations support through partnership and coaching/training to all levels of the organization
- Work with managers on developing talent and ensuring onboarding is successful with both the employee and manager/department
- Proactively assess team, manager, and organizational development needs as we grow, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Create surveys, conduct interviews, and other studies to research policies, and other employment issues, make recommendations to leadership
- Research and explain laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Develops and facilitates leadership training programs to ensure managers can effectively lead their teams towards strategic goals
- Establish ways to measure the total effectiveness of all learning and development, this is key
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing employee challenges and grievances
Competencies and Requirements:
- 8+ years of professional human resource administration experience, including 4 years in employee relations OR equivalent through training, education, and other experience
- 4 years of talent management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources OR equivalent in years of HR experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills: Google Suite, Word, Excel, Power Point, and the ability to prepare results and reports for the Senior Leadership Team
- Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusion
- Thorough understanding of current state and federal laws concerning labor relations
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution
- Solid judgment and proven experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Demonstrated experience learning and thriving in a constantly changing environment and cultivating relationships across teams
- Instructional development – understanding of adult learning methods and instructional design is essential to create effective training and onboarding materials
- Public speaking – must be able to clearly present on a wide variety of career related topics
- Organizational Skills - strong planning, organizational development, and problem solving skills are essential to being successful in this role
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations
- SHRM CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Why work here: If you are a seasoned HR Manager with the passion for Talent and Leadership Development this role might be for you. For over 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local singletrack, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994