Engineering Lab Coordinator
The Engineering Lab Coordinator organizes and prioritizes the day-to-day activities in the Engineering Lab and assists the Engineering team to develop and test new Santa Cruz Bicycles products.
You will coordinate the procurement of all parts, components and consumables for the lab’s daily needs. The projects in the engineering lab include but are not limited to prototyping, product testing, operating lab equipment, working with the engineers to develop new testing protocols and new testing equipment, part finishing, wheel building and mechanical assemblies.
If you are highly organized and loves to tinker with machines, you should consider applying. You will be successful in this role if you can manage many projects at a time and prioritize tasks constantly while keeping everything running smoothly.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead continuous improvement of testing methods and protocols by proposing changes and upgrades
- Coordinate testing activities with Engineering Lab Technicians
- Participate in testing of new bicycle frames and components according to SCB test standards
- Report testing results to the Engineering team in an organized way
- Coordinate ride test days, gather data and feedback and present recommendations to Eng Team
- Coordinate maintenance of composites lab equipment such as cutting table, heating press, etc.
- Troubleshoot testing equipment as required and propose repairs or changes
- Design new test fixtures and various composite manufacturing-related hardware and parts
- Participate in molding and lay-up of various parts in the composites lab
- Modify, improve or design layup patterns on a continuous basis
- Assist in general fabrication of Engineering R&D projects
Competencies & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of experience in a lab environment
- College degree is a plus, especially in a field related to mechanical engineering
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present technical data to 10+ people groups
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office
- Basic CAD Skills (PTC Creo preferred)
- Basic programming, electronics and electrical wiring skills
- Basic composites molding skills (prepreg bladder molding, vacuum bagging, wet layups)
- Excellent wheel building abilities for testing and riding
- Ability to work with members of the design team and use feedback in a constructive way
- Intimate knowledge of bicycle assembly and maintenance and Santa Cruz product line
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to work at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to quiet.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quality Bicycles Since 1994