Technical Project Manager, DevOps
Are you ready to combine your passion for an active lifestyle with a meaningful and multifaceted career in the cycling industry? At Specialized, our teammates are encouraged to explore roles in a variety of functions throughout their careers. We value curiosity, a desire to try new things, and an eagerness to learn about all aspects of the business. No matter where you begin with the company, you get to decide where you want to go whether it’s marketing, finance, product development, sales, or an international assignment. Join us in making the world a better place through the power of bicycles and build your dream career at the same time!
At Specialized we’re serious about providing high-impact, low-friction, technology solutions so that we can build the best bikes in the world and deliver an exceptional rider experience.
We’re seeking an experienced DevOps Project Manager to support our efforts. In this role, you will provide technical project management to global teams across Specialized. You will assist in keeping the teams aligned on and working towards the defined and desired business goals.
You’ll be part of the Global Technology organization and will report to the Head of Security and Architecture.
Specialized has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture – you’ll need to be curious, innovative, hardworking, and above all collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Meet with business stakeholders and align on top priorities
- Facilitate prioritization discussions between business & product owners when resource contention is unavoidable.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout the entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge technical requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation and continued maintenance.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Organize and lead regularly occurring ticket pointing, sprint planning, and retrospectives for the core platform team.
- Manage and correctly prioritize multiple cross-functional projects
- Communicate proactively with both the technical and business owners who are relying on the platform services, providing frequent status updates on deliverables and known issues
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Facilitate and further develop the process of taking feature requests from business and product development teams, ensuring requirements and dependencies are identified and well documented
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- Minimum five years project management experience in the technology field, including development work and interactions with customers
- Well versed in Dev Ops approach, tools, concepts, and methodologies
- Technical confidence and familiarity with Dev Ops tools, techniques and more importantly, mindset.
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Experience with agile rituals and methods
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated experience working with remote teams
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines and software development cycles
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with development of cloud based systems (PaaS, SaaS, managed services)
- Experience with custom application server development and database management
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
TELL ME MORE
- Based in Morgan Hill, CA or remote (USA)
- Health benefits, 401K, plus additional perks including a competitive employee discount
- Dog friendly offices
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
If there’s one thing that unites the people who work here, it’s this: We believe that bicycles have the power to change lives. That’s why we’re always...