ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position of Design Engineer is to develop and bring bicycle frame and accessory products to market. A successful Design Engineer is a reliable professional with excellent attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills and very strong understanding of engineering and product development principles.
· Design high quality consumer focused bicycle products
· Use surfacing and design skills to efficiently model new products, from bike frames to accessories
· Drive development projects from concept to production delivery in an efficient and timely manner
· Maintain and build supplier relationships
· Travel both domestically and internationally to achieve goals
· Implement engineering best practices to drive down cost and improve quality
· Regularly use problem solving skills to facilitate resolutions in the design and manufacturing process
· Pitch in where needed (events, marketing, assembly, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Strong experience and passion within the bicycle industry
· Strong experience developing consumer goods
· Experience in project management working with US and Asia-based suppliers
· Exceptional skills in SolidWorks software suite, specifically surface modeling
· Familiarity in PLM, Lean Manufacturing, GD&T, FEA, QC, QA, Process control, and supplier relations
· Exceptional communication skills
· Ability to work well with the entire team to achieve goals
Experience in the outdoor industry. Avid mountain biker. Deep understanding of bicycle component systems, understanding of suspension kinematics and full suspension bicycle design, competency in all aspects of bicycle maintenance.
Being a small company, all job descriptions are constantly evolving, and everyone is expected to pitch in where needed. This may include attending events as a representative of the company, helping cover for out of office employees or simply cleaning the bathroom. Position requires regularly lifting up to 50 lbs to a height of 5-6’ as well as staying stationary for up to 4 hours at a time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making the bikes we want to ride.