Digital Marketing Manager
Title: Digital Marketing Manager — PeopleForBikes
Location: Boulder, CO (Remote possible)
Industry: Bicycle Industry Nonprofit
Employment and Classification: “At will” employment status; full-time position
PeopleForBikes (PFB) unites millions of Americans, thousands of businesses and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible and more fun. Our mission is to get more people on bikes more often and make biking better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 285 bicycle industry supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members and nearly 1.4 million individuals. The U.S. bicycle industry contributes $88 billion annually to the U.S. economy and supports more than 780,000 jobs. The PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association, while the PeopleForBikes Foundation supports and promotes bicycling’s benefits, backing crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
PeopleForBikes is hiring a digital marketer who will manage the organization's online presence, implement strategy, produce content and resonate a passion about the power of the bike. This individual will work closely with the marketing team's leaders to deliver on the organization's strategic initiatives and bring our mission to life.
The digital marketing manager will be responsible for executing online marketing strategies across digital channels like social media. They will manage all social media accounts, reporting and ensure that digital campaigns run smoothly from start to finish. This person will also assist the marketing team in implementing website changes, monitor traffic and assist with on the ground and virtual event activations. The digital marketing manager will collaborate with various internal creative and copy leaders and external PR agents and suppliers.
The ideal candidate is organized, has an eye for detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced setting. Skills in technology and marketing are vital for this role. This position will report to the deputy director of marketing and will occasionally require travel.
- Managing social media accounts and strategy including execution.
- Understanding of KPIs and defining them specifically for social media.
- Collaborating with designers and copywriters to provide compelling content.
- Monitoring all social media content and comments, engaging as needed consistent with brand guidelines.
- Tracking and reporting of engagement and SEO to optimize campaign content.
- Working with industry partners and members to reshare and amplify their content.
- Collaborating with the digital content creator to develop and integrate ambassador content.
- Planning a social content calendar.
- Working alongside the marketing manager on holistic planning exercises.
- Weekly digital reporting.
- Building and executing on target audiences.
- Implementing website updates.
- Executing online store strategy.
- Virtual and on the ground event activation.
- Some travel is necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable and affordable access to bicycling for all.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, especially in regards to social engagement and marketing. This includes showcasing people of different backgrounds and body types, with an emphasis on historically marginalized groups.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media management platforms like Sprout social.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comprehension of paid and organic social strategies.
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics.
- Experience with an online content management system.
- Experience in managing a social media budget.
- Outstanding oral and written management communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Two to four years of experience in a digital marketing position.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities and ability to produce content for diverse bicycling audiences.
- A proven track record of social engagement.
- Knowledge of SEO — experience in gathering site & social analytics and reporting.
PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways in which an applicant may have gained the required qualifications, outside of traditional pathways.
- Experience in video marketing and best practices.
- Experience in journalism.
- A passion for bicycling.
- Ability to engage and maintain professional contacts.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience of $50,000 to $60,000. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid time off (PTO) policy including 22 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, a flexible work schedule including work-from-home options and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan, with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance and a cell phone plan, along with other benefits.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed upon set of team norms is what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. We continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly, with some remote work allowed, and we love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file, via email, with “Digital Marketing Manager” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes’ chief of staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cover letter should not exceed one page and briefly explain the candidate’s applicable experience including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and accessible places to ride for everyone starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and will consider alternative ways in which an applicant may have gained the required qualifications outside of traditional pathways.
We are working to ensure our staff reflects the backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. Employing a diverse staff enables us to better serve diverse communities and build an empowering, collaborative and innovative work culture. We strive to create an inclusive work environment where employees from all backgrounds and communities feel welcomed, valued, respected and received.
Externally, our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Subcommittee is working to make the bike industry more inclusive and welcoming by cultivating authentic relationships with historically marginalized communities, developing and sharing DEI resources and working to combat racism, homophobia and misogyny within our own companies. Recognizing that change starts internally, we’re improving our talent management lifecycle. Below are some examples of our current initiatives. This list is not comprehensive nor complete, and our work to create a truly diverse and inclusive workplace is an ongoing process :
- Researching and implementing a fair and equitable hiring process that includes posting salary ranges as a best practice.
- Standardizing our onboarding process with a dedicated team, including a peer buddy, to ensure all new hires have the necessary tools, information and relationships to get started.
- Every staff member receives a professional review twice a year to celebrate strengths and find opportunities for growth. These reviews provide an opportunity for employees to discuss their future and identify any development tools needed for individual career success.
- When an employee leaves PeopleForBikes, we conduct an exit interview to see what we could have done better.
- Soliciting feedback at regular intervals throughout an employee’s lifecycle to identify ongoing opportunities for improvement, ultimately making us a better organization.
We believe that no matter who you are, where you're from or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle. When you work at PeopleForBikes, you help us do the same.
Your application has been successfully submitted.