Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, service and prepare bicycles for Backroads trip and unit requirements.
- Travel as needed both domestically and internationally to repair and prep bikes in regions in which Backroads operates.
- Train field staff bike skills to field staff during Leader training sessions and refresher courses.
- Organize prepped bikes and all bicycle related inventory for departures according to the supplied bike lists.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of all bicycles.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the Bike Shop and related storage areas.
- Maintain the general security of the warehouse facilities and equipment.
- Report any supply or parts needs and keep tabs on inventory of service items.
- All duties as necessary or assigned.
Required Knowledge and Ability:
- Thorough knowledge of bicycle maintenance, problem solving, and industry trends.
- Bike Shop experience (2 years or equivalent).
- Availability, willingness and eagerness to travel for work, up to 8 weeks at a time, 2-3 times a year, including international travel to non-English speaking areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft products.
- Valid Utah driver’s license, and passport as needed for international travel. Experience driving large vehicles or vehicles with a trailer is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and complete numerous tasks under time constraints.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Experience with electric bikes a plus
- Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance.
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, flex plan, generous time-off and travel benefits, commuter incentive programs, etc. Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for Backroads along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bike Mechanic ” in the subject line of your email. Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Backroads we’re passionate about connecting our guests with so many of the most beautiful places in the world. We use our four plus decades of expe...