Gear Advisor Coordinator
Title: Gear Advisor Coordinator
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Department: Sales & Customer Relations
Hours Required: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Some weekends and holidays may be required
Location: Hybrid Preferred, Remote OK (CA, OR or MN only)
Compensation: $18.00 per hour
We are looking for a bike nerd to serve our customers! Answer technical questions, solve order issues and help our customers get out and ride.
Company perks include:
- 100% employee coverage for medical
- 3 weeks’ vacation + 7 company holidays
- Employee Purchase Program access to full inventory at cost
- Access to ride the latest releases in new bike technology via our bike demo program
Summary of Primary Functions:
As part of the Gear Advisor Team, this role is responsible for stoking our customers at every opportunity. You will interact with customers to solve inquiries and complaints by creating win-win scenarios at every opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build valuable relationships with customers, vendors and other Jenson USA employees to ensure customers experience the love!
- Respond to phone calls, chat, and email tickets ensuring our customer’s questions, concerns or complaints are handled in a timely fashion while showing them the love!
- Research and problem-solve customer inquiries and issues.
- Thoroughly tracks, organizes data, and documents all customer interactions. Ensures the systems are updated with all relevant information pertinent to the customer.
- Answer questions related to our products.
- Look for opportunities to serve customers not just with requests but to help them take the greatest advantage of the sport.
- Create a positive experience for our customers, especially if they are unhappy at the onset of their interaction.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to identify improvements and collectively serve the customer.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Tech savvy regarding the use of phone and computer technology. Must be able to navigate Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft D365, and Microsoft Customer Relations Management System. Experience with Freshdesk a plus.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Some bike product knowledge.
- Ability to research, problem-solve, think critically, and create solutions.
- Strong individual drive, competitive nature, and excellent communication skills.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization Effectively manages time and the workspace. Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs Addresses problems and acts to prevent them. Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
- Communication Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service Oriented Interacts professionally with leaders, clients, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player Works as a competent member of the team, willing to provide back-up support for others.
- Computer/Technical Ability Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgement Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for full-time employees, including:
- 100% Covered Employee Medical Coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Bike Day
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Purchase Discount Program
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
We Keep You Pedaling