HUNT MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Part Time Position (23.25 hours per week (3days) / 8:30 – 5pm)
Location: Primarily office based in Partridge Green, West Sussex (may involve more remote work during current covid-19 restrictions)
Salary: negotiable depending on experience + significant company performance-based bonus.
Team: Product Development
Reports to: Hunt Engineering and Product Manager
Please email your CV (maximum 2 pages) with covering letter to Careers@TheRiderFirm.CC by 30/07/2021.
Role and Responsibilities
The Mechanical Design Engineer position will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the company. Working with our Product Development and Marketing team, you will create product concepts, validate them through prototyping, and focus on design and manufacturing details to develop high performances bicycle components.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create unique mechanical solutions / product concepts through collaboration with our creative and passionate team of engineers, product managers, graphic designers and brand managers.
- Execute design, structural analyses and engineering solutions to deliver to our production teams and collaborate with them to turn ideas into reality.
- Bring skills and experiences that will help lead Hunt in creating the next meaningful and innovative products in the bike industry.
- Support all performance and reliability testing by working together with our product quality team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with design analysis using FEA
- Experience using CAD modeling software to create 3D models and 2D engineering drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings.
- Ability to solve complex problems using engineering principles without supervision.
- Ability to generate hand calculations to support design decisions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint software
- Eagerness to take a hands-on approach to prototyping and learning or identifying problems.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to solving open ended technical problems.
- Willingness to develop strong working relationships and communication with an international team.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to take on multiple projects.
You will most likely be called for interview if you have the following:
- Ability to work as part of a large team to communicate information.
- Show you can be self-motivated and able to get on with a task both individually and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working with overseas suppliers would be beneficial.
Principal working relationships
- You will be part of a team communicating with suppliers, product managers, journalists and sponsored riders. To understand and convey the HUNT customers’ evolving needs. This role requires attention to detail, organization, and a comprehensive understanding of the market. Clear, effective, and concise email and phone communication skills are imperative for this role.
- Be available for travel both in the UK and abroad for supplier visits and trade show.
- You will report to the Engineering manager and are part of a growing team.
- Liaise with other product managers across the TRF brands.
- Work well with a diverse group of people in your team and across our site.
- Immediate day to day duties will be spent working within the Hunt product development team working on continually evolving current product and developing new product.
The Rider Firm offers equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Rider Firm exists to create and distribute cutting-edge performance bike products for devoted riders.