Accounts Payable Associate I
The Accounts Payable Associate I position provides lead direction for accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions and vendor account maintenance.
- Create invoices
- Review and verify purchase order receipts for quantity and pricing accuracy.
- Match inventory related invoices to purchase order receipts escalating discrepancies to the Replenishment team.
- Ensure that all invoices are created, reconciled, and entered in a timely manner. This includes both inventory vendors as well as service vendors as needed.
- Maintain and review open purchase order receipts utilizing system reporting.
- Reconcile vendor account statements regularly.
- Maintain communication with related departments.
- Maintain vendor files both digital and paper.
- Process vendor payments and biweekly payables batches as needed.
- Assist in the development of controls and efficiencies as it relates to the AP function.
- Other duties as assigned and determined by business needs.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related field.
- In lieu of a degree, 2 years of invoice or entry-level accounting experience is required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong planning, organizational, math, and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain detail oriented.
- Must be a proactive problem-solver with good follow-through.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
Skills/Abilities We Look For
- Adaptability- demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization- effectively balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects, and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs- utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively address problems and acts to prevent them.
- Communication- listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well-thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service-Oriented- interacts professionally with leaders, customers, vendors, and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player- works as a competent member of the team, willing to support others.
- Computer/Technical Savvy- is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgment- exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative- works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.