Forbidden Bike Company is growing and looking to add a Assembly Technician (AT) to the team! Flexible part-time or full-time position available. Our ideal candidate will have experience leading the assembly of bicycle frames and products in a busy warehouse environment to provide a top-quality end consumer experience. Depending on operational needs, the successful candidate may either be assigned a part-time or full-time schedule.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with the Assembly Technician Lead, the ideal candidate will play a key role in ensuring Forbidden customers have a positive sales and support experience. You will be available to work during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Working at a small company, you will also have a willingness to help out in other areas of the company as required.
This position is based in the Comox Valley BC.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
1. The AT reports directly to and is supervised by Operations Manager.
a. Working safely at all times and reporting any safety concerns to the Operations Manager and/or FBC General Manager.
b. Working in a professional manner at all times when representing FBC.
c. Attending staff meetings as required.
2. Executes Forbidden frame and complete bike assembly.
- Performs prep work and subassembly components prior to the final assembly.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions and work orders.
- Gathering all the required parts and subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit.
- Performs quality control checks by verifying specifications, measuring completed components and performance feel.
- Resolves assembly problems by troubleshooting or altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying the Operations Manager for final approval.
- Inspects and maintains assembly tools and work space to ensure safety and optimum working conditions.
3. Maintaining and organizing the FBC warehouse and storage locations in order to maximize efficiency and workflow.
a. Organizing assembly space to ensure ease and accuracy of workflow.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains parts inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels.
- Anticipates the production requirements and communicates with buyers the need to place and expedite orders from suppliers.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
5. Other projects and tasks as may be assigned by the Operations Manager (in agreement with the AT), including but not limited to:
a. Supporting FBC events such as demo days, community engagements, race/event participation as sponsors or exhibitors.
b. Supporting dealer sales and communications as required.
c. Providing input into FBC branding and communications as required.
d. Assisting with packaging and shipping of non-frame/bike parts.
e. Other reasonable tasks as needed.
- 2+ years experience working in a mechanic (or similar) capacity in the bike industry
- Strong mechanical knowledge and ability as relates to assembly and quality control of bicycle frames.
- Great attention to detail, providing care and craftsmanship during the assembly process.
- Experience using an inventory management system to track inventory levels of parts, components, etc. and manage work orders.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to liaise with different members of the Forbidden staff team.
- Very organized and strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and support other projects as required.
- Strong knowledge of the mountain bike industry is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until 3pm August 4, 2023. Only those shortlisted will be notified. We look forward to hearing from you!
Some benefits to working at Forbidden Bike Company include:
- Staff discounts on Forbidden Bike Company products including mountain bikes
- A culture of work/life balance and lots of time spent on trails
- Opportunity to enjoy Cumberland and the extensive local trail networks and great mountain biking community