Gear Advisor Coordinator
The Gear Advisor Coordinator is a support role for the Gear Advisor Pro Team by addressing the customer service and administrative work associated with sales.
- Shows our customers the love at every opportunity!
- Collaborates with the Gear Advisor Team to manage post-sale issues.
- Ensures requests are processed from Gear Advisors for re-shipment of lost or mis-shipped orders.
- Establishes and monitors shipping claims for lost or damaged shipments.
- Monitors, responds to, and redirects all help-desk tickets as appropriate.
- Handles calls, emails, and chats from the Gear Advisor department.
- Works cross-functionally to build internal relationships with warehouse, shipping, and returns departments to correct order and return issues.
- Monitors and maintains price match request queue.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and contracted shipping companies to resolve issues with in-transit changes.
- Monitors and maintains reports such as Discontinued Backorder List, Unreserved Reports, and Distributer reports.
- Generates and forwards UPS shipping labels.
- Contacts customers regarding canceled orders to replace or recover the order.
- Uses fraud software to acquire approval on expedited orders.
- Additional tasks/duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be an advocate for cycling in the local community and a knowledgeable resource for both employees and customers regarding all aspects of cycling.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Exceptional customer service knowledge and attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Ability to use or learn other software programs.
- Familiarity with e-commerce sales process.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong collaborative and team-building skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to build relationships quickly while demonstrating dependability/trust.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Remote options are available for CA and OR residents only.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Outdoor sports industry experience.
- Experience working in a bike shop.
- Familiarity with the bicycle industry.
- Familiarity with using a team’s CRM.
Skills/Abilities We Look For
- Adaptability- demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization- effectively balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects, and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs- utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively address problems and acts to prevent them.
- Communication- listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well-thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service-Oriented- interacts professionally with leaders, customers, vendors, and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player- works as a competent member of the team, willing to support others.
- Computer Familiarity- proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgment- exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative- works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
This is a non-exempt/hourly position between $15.00 – 17.00/hr, plus monthly bonus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.